UKC

Suggestions for women's waterproof running jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Craig Holden 10 Dec 2023

Hi all, wondering if anyone has tried out these jackets and how they compare in fit?

OMM Halo plus, Inov8 Stormshell, Rab Kinetic ultra (other suggestions welcome) 

My partner is 5' 11'' with a long torso and struggles to find jackets that are long enough in the body and sleeves and that also fit well on the hips. May resort to men's jackets if necessary...

SouthernSteve 10 Dec 2023
In reply to Craig Holden:

My wife loves her Montane jacket - so much she keeps it for races and holidays. They would be work a look. 

samuel_w 11 Dec 2023

Can’t comment on fit for women, as I’m a small man, but have used OMM Halo jacket for a few years. It’s a great very lightweight option for summer racing but I wouldn’t use it in a winter deluge, as it doesn’t offer that much protection.

The Rab option looks the heaviest of the three you mention but hardly heavy. However, it has a relatively low hydrostatic head (10k - same as Halo) which would make it a less appealing option in winter weather. My experience of Rab gear is that it’s generally fairly well made. 

The Inov8 jacket looks a good option at the price it’s on at at the moment & has a good hydrostatic head, as well as being lightweight. I’ve not used Inov8 waterproofs but have used plenty of their shoes & other, finding the quality a bit haphazard. However, they do have a repair service running from their Staveley base. 

I recently got a Ronhill Fortify waterproof for both casual & use in a deluge. High hydrostatic head (30k) & also a bit oversized (quite long & generous on me, a little under 5’8”). Not super lightweight but hardly heavy. Were also going for £50 on SportsShoes (both men’s & women’s versions). 

I’ve found Pete Bland Sports super helpful when it comes to advice - worth giving them a call. 

OP Craig Holden 11 Dec 2023
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Ah I forgot about Montane! Cheers.

OP Craig Holden 11 Dec 2023
In reply to samuel_w:

Great thanks for all the info. Hadn't heard of the Ronhill option so will have a lool and will report back!

VDiff Dad 11 Dec 2023

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0uOilci005/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

If near staffs - Ron Hill Mecurial half price to £115

fellrunningjen 12 Dec 2023

I have the Rab, it's great for winter in Cumbria, the only jacket ive had that doesnt  get swetty. To hot for racing, summer or anything to low level.  

I have an inov8 which is more of an all year jacket.

OP Craig Holden 02 Jan 2024

Thanks everyone, she went for the OMM Halo+ in the end as a lite weight all round jacket and will just stick to her Rab hard shell (I forget which...) for winter deluges for the time being. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...