UKC

Tour of bradwell kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joemullett24 09 Feb 2024

Doing the winter half tour of Bradwell as my first fell race tomorrow, I was wondering if I could use the electronic compass on my watch (coros pace 3) as the mandatory compass? 

Marcus B 09 Feb 2024
In reply to Joemullett24:

Almost certainly not.  I'm pretty sure the rules say non navigating technology...

Go via go outdoors or alpkit in hathersage.

Good luck and go slow at the star!

Tom Briggs 09 Feb 2024

It’s run under FRA rules, so you need a physical compass.

https://www.fellrunner.org.uk/faq/frequently-asked-questions#kit

Q: Can I use an electronic compass?

No. You may not use an electronic compass even if you also have a physical, traditional-type compass (which is mandatory for certain FRA races). This is because electronic compasses have additional benefits over traditional compasses in terms of aiding navigation.

OP Joemullett24 09 Feb 2024

Thanks, just spent an hour hopping between mates houses in Sheffield and have finally found a physical one ! 

petemeads 10 Feb 2024

Does your watch allow you to disable the navigation features (compass, map etc) by selecting Adventure Race or similar? My Garmin does, and it presents a verification screen to show any official at the finish who queries whether you have been cheating.

Not sure if the FRA are comfortable with this, or even aware, but obviously Garmin have added the facility for good reason...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...