Loading Notifications...

Ultra Fell Running Book for Christmas List

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Hi, I'm thinking of asking Santa for an Ultra Fell/Trail Running book that's part autobiography and part manual, with possibly veganism and sustainability thrown in. Browsing the web I've come up with "Eat & Run" by Scott Jurek, but thought it worth opening up to the great minds of UKC if you have any ideas please?

mattyP 13 Nov 2020
In reply to Mark Collins: I’m not entirely sure what you want exists. 
Eat and Run isn’t really a manual, nor amazingly well written, it has some recipes but not sure that’s what you’re after.

it sounds like you need 3 books...

maybe The Risr of the Ultrarunners, Relentless Forward Progress, and Feedzone portables?

DaveHK 13 Nov 2020
 Neil Henson 13 Nov 2020
In reply to Mark Collins:

Hi Mark,

Possibly not quite what you are after, but Feet in the clouds is a good read.

Cheers

Neil

ClimberEd 13 Nov 2020

Have you read Born to Run? 

It's isn't a manual but it is a good read and has lots of stuff about veganism (the mexicans seem to run on beans and tortillas) 

r0b 13 Nov 2020

Very specific ask! This only satisfies one, maybe one and a half

https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/running/running-broken/

Harry Jarvis 13 Nov 2020

You might be interested in 'Training for the uphill athlete', by Steve House, Scott Johnston, and Kilian Jornet. I'm not sure how it fares on veganism and sustainability, but I think it may fit your other requirements. 

In reply to All:

Thanks everyone I'll look into that 🙂

George Ormerod 14 Nov 2020

Doesn’t quite fit the bill, but Adharanand Finn’s The Rise of the Ultra Runners: A journey into the heart of the world's toughest sport is a great book. 

In reply to George Ormerod:

Thanks George 🙂

chtgllsp 16 Nov 2020

Skyrunner by Emelie Forsberg, but it it is hard to find a copy printed in English

In reply to chtgllsp:

Thanks 🙂

thommi 16 Nov 2020

Doesn't really fit the bill, but I would thoroughly recommend 'running free'. It's a fine ramble, and an antithesis to stats, Garmin's and Strava. 👍

In reply to thommi:

Thanks

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.