UKC

Utmb 23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 03 Sep 2023

So walmsley beats killians all time record by a whopping twelve minutes,that raises the bar for killian and anyone else.Enjoyed the live tracking.

magma 03 Sep 2023
In reply to blackcat:

not exactly same route but not 12min difference?

was wondering if the BG record holder Jack Kuenzle has competed?

Post edited at 13:51
 George Ormerod 03 Sep 2023
In reply to blackcat:

Courtney Dauwalter was no slouch, winning UTMB after setting course records at Hardrock and Western States this summer. 

OP blackcat 03 Sep 2023
In reply to George Ormerod:

Courtney is pretty awesome,her 3rd so far.

yorkshireman 04 Sep 2023
In reply to blackcat:

Yeah like others have said the record doesn't count as it was a modified course. 

It seemed to be a fairly zippy route even for the mortals and in my opinion the weather was pretty well suited, and the paths all seemed dry. 

Interesting to see how quickly it got dark with it just being one week later than usual. 

A couple of runners from my club completed it this year. One of them came in just 14 seconds after the final cutoff but her and a dozen or so others afterwards were counted as finishers so not sure what the exact barrier time was or what the rules are. An amazing crowd for the last people in. 

timjones 04 Sep 2023
In reply to yorkshireman:

> Yeah like others have said the record doesn't count as it was a modified course. 

I'm not sure that there has been an official dec;laration either way yet, but it is worth noting that the vast majority of Jim's time gain was achieved on the changed section.

A real shame as he was running really strongly and it would have been great to see how their times compared over the same course.

greg_may_ 04 Sep 2023
In reply to yorkshireman:

> It seemed to be a fairly zippy route even for the mortals.

The reroute, was definitely not zippy By far the hardest descending of the day.

yorkshireman 04 Sep 2023
In reply to greg_may_:

> The reroute, was definitely not zippy By far the hardest descending of the day.

Obviously I'm speaking in relative terms and basing it on nothing more than guesswork from the comfort of my armchair.

When I did the CCC some of the descending after La Giette was done on my arse as I went sliding down the muddy quagmire that was once a trail, so that was definitely zippy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...