UKC

Dales snow cover

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 03 Feb 2018

Can anyone who is local or been out and about in the dales today tell me how much it has snowed and what level the snow line is?

OP ebdon 03 Feb 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Or anybody know some good webcams that point at the high ground?

andy 03 Feb 2018
In reply to ebdon: had a run over Barden Moor behind us this morning - just a dusting really (but we’re a lot lower than elsewhere) - maybe 2” on the path.

OP ebdon 03 Feb 2018
In reply to summo:

Cheers all I think skiing might be a bit optimistic tomorrow, mountain biking instead! 

yorkshire_lad2 04 Feb 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Not much good just now (10pm), but these 4 webcam (provided by the Settle-Carlisle railwy trust) and based at Horton-in-Riobblesdale, Ribblehead, and Kirkby Stephen and will give a good idea of snow at those locations.  One of the two at Ribblehead also gives a good view of Whenside in daylight hours when visibility is good.

http://www.foscl.org.uk/content/ribblehead-and-kirkby-stephen-webcams

In reply to ebdon:

In Wensleydale for a low level walk today. All the high ground round the valley had some snow, great shunner fell looked well covered. 

OP ebdon 05 Feb 2018
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

Cheers i actually got out on great shunner fell in the end and had a fun time. I'd never had to deal with peat hags before skiing which caused much amusement on the descent in poor vis!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...