UKC

Glenmore XC ski tracks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I wondered if anyone knows if the Glenmore XC trails are in at the moment? They used to update on a FB page, but this seems to have been ditched in the last year or so. Thanks

A9 14 Dec 2022
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

Can't answer that, but if you are on FB the nordic/cross country skiing group is a good resource - backcountry as well as track stuff

In reply to A9:

Thanks, I'll try that. I was on one spefically for the Glenmore XC trails, but doesn't seem used now..

Myr 14 Dec 2022

The trails on the south side of Loch Morlich were in good condition on Sunday, even though they're very much mixed use (although more skiers than walkers). Skier-cut as they're not being pisted any more.

In reply to Myr:

thanks. I thought there was a mini community run piste machine, but it all seemed to stop when the new folk took over the Pine Martin couple/few years back, I wonder if they aren't as bothered by XC skiing as last winter I know they had ditched the rental fleet and were talking about getting new stock (but hadn't). 

top cat 14 Dec 2022

This might be out of date, but I understand that the track cutting machine was dead.......?

newtonmore 14 Dec 2022

No tracks but the skiing is really good round loch morlich and in the woods at the moment. I was out today starting from the hay field and up to the Norwegian lodge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...