UKC

Season ticket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Johnson999 02 Oct 2012
Im spending most of the winter in Scotland!! Looking at season tickets glencoe or aviemore!! What do people recommend ive only skied at glencoe?
Lets also pray its a shit hot winter in the UK.
 IainMunro 03 Oct 2012
In reply to Sam Johnson999:

In an "average" season Cairngorm has more ski days and the season last longer. I bought a season ticket 2 years ago for Cairngorm. I can't remember how many days I had in total but it broke even by December and I think it was working out less than £10 per ski by the end of the season.

Have a good one!

Iain
 French Erick 03 Oct 2012
Should you not pray for it to be cold? Excuse my taking it literally... I'm only a stupid foreign pedant
However, I'll pray too!
 davy_boy 03 Oct 2012
In reply to Sam Johnson999: how about the all areas pass http://ski.visitscotland.com/all_area_season_pass
its more expensive but does allow you to visit any of the 5 areas depending on snow or weather conditions i bought my first one this year so hoping to get a good winter visiting everywhere and some touring in between.
 OwenM 03 Oct 2012
In reply to davy_boy: £470 you'd have to do a lot of skiing to make that worth while. Much cheeper to buy a set of skins.
 davy_boy 03 Oct 2012
In reply to Sam Johnson999: it was only £430 last month when i got it. it would have paid off for me last season even though it was quite poor so hoping for a better one this year lol
 JimGoodman 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Sam Johnson999: Glencoe is generally quieter mid week. Skiing days vary year by year. Cairngorm less affected by the wind but busier and can be closed due to snow on the access road.

Jim
craigloon 12 Oct 2012

< Cairngorm less affected by the wind>

Is this the same Cairngorm we're talking about?!!
 Tom Row 12 Oct 2012

Just bought my annual Chamonix unlimited pass. €1020 seems quite steep but I reckon it'll work out as reasonable value for money in the end.
 davy_boy 12 Oct 2012
the funicular at cairngorm can work in higher windspeeds than the usual chairlift or gondola access at other areas. ptarmigan bowl can be sheltered sometimes when the rest of the mountaing is too windy for skiing and can be reached by the train
moffatross 15 Nov 2012
(OwenM >In reply to davy_boy) "£470 you'd have to do a lot of skiing to make that worth while. Much cheeper to buy a set of skins."

Buying a season pass doesn't make skins stop working.
moffatross 15 Nov 2012
In reply to moffatross:
> (OwenM >In reply to davy_boy) "£470 you'd have to do a lot of skiing to make that worth while. Much cheeper to buy a set of skins."
>
> Buying a season pass doesn't make skins stop working.

Hmm ... , that didn't make any sense really did it :-p

What I meant was that I know that you can get full value out of a season pass and still use your skins, even in a lean snow year. However, if you haven't got the time to make up the days, or don't really enjoy skiing enough to want to get out, or even if you've got something against skiing in Scotland, then just do whatever floats your boat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...