UKC

Any new climbers around Coventry ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PrinceFajita 12 Feb 2020

Been climbing for a few months and have recently gotten into top roping and hoping to advance into lead very soon. 

Looking for a climbing partner or people to climb with around the Coventry and warick area ? My mrs has lost interest in the ropes and just enjoys bouldering every now and then.

Some of the sports clubs are ludicrously priced and all but 1 near me are uni clubs.

Any other beginners want to meet up once or twice a week ? Or some of you pros wanna take me under your wing.

I float between the ballroom and warwick sports hub, couple sessions at redpoint. I love to venture out to check out new places around the Midlands.

Currently on 6a walls and v4 boulders but hoping to level up once I can get some consistency in.

I also drive so i don't mind carpooling 

Hit me with a message

Dave Garnett 12 Feb 2020
In reply to PrinceFajita:

Really hope someone local makes contact.  I'm too far away to be much help (unless you want to meet at the Roaches) but having grown up in Coventry I can sympathise!

Back in mists of time there used to be quite an active scene climbing on the walls at Kenilworth Castle during the summer (several current UKCers were regulars) but I guess the Warwick Uni wall would be the obvious place to meet people.  

brianjcooper 12 Feb 2020

Check out Hinckley Mountaineering Club. We meet in the New Plough (Hinckley) on a Thursday night (21:00ish) and climb usually on a Tuesday evening at the new Warwick University wall (18:00 -22:00). Talk to their staff who can direct you to us all. Plenty of ladies climb/boulder in our club so your 'mrs' might be interested too.

See us on Facebook and Google:       Hinckley Mountaineering Club

OP PrinceFajita 12 Feb 2020
In reply to brianjcooper:

thanks for the replies guys. will definitely check out the Hinckley club ! i was on the web page last night trying to figure out where you guys climb as it just said local walls. will drop them a message. and dave garnett, peak district is a bit too far for me but im hoping to make a few trips up this summer it looks gorgeous !

brianjcooper 12 Feb 2020

FYI: In conjunction with Warwick Wall another dedicated indoor climbing course has being arranged for early March. Members of HMC will be climbing outdoors again soon. 

ripper 12 Feb 2020

There's also Warwick Climbing Club (not the uni club), based in Warwick but with a lot of members in Cov (including me). There's usually a few of us at the uni wall on Thurs evening and we have a small wall of our own in Warwick. Check out our Facebook page

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...