UKC

Can Covid affect the muscles?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lyndleme 15 Oct 2020

I am a hiker for 6 years I guess and this has been my hobby since then, I love and enjoyed it. When you have COVID, I thought I heard that it could also affect the muscles. And sometimes even the nervous system. Wondering if anybody has heard of that. Anyone here has an idea?

marsbar 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Lyndleme:

A friend of mine has long covid.  She is struggling to do many things she used to taken for granted.   

In reply to Lyndleme:

Chronic fatigue, joint and muscle pain, occasional lack of breath, brain fog. That’s been my experience. It’s getting better, but has taken 6 months

slab_happy 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Lyndleme:

Covid can definitely affect the nervous system:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/warning-of-serious-brain-diso...

Damage to heart, lungs and other organs is also well-documented.

I haven't seen reports of physical damage to muscle tissue, but "long Covid" can involve a post-viral syndrome that looks a lot like ME/chronic fatigue syndrome, with fatigue and muscle pain.

This is a nasty virus and there are a lot of things about it we don't understand yet.

OP Lyndleme 02 Nov 2020
In reply to slab_happy:

Indeed, thank for sharing this one. I garee that all your system is affected when you have covid. I guess proper diet and exercise would always help too. What food do you usually get to boost your immue system?

olddirtydoggy 04 Nov 2020
In reply to Lyndleme:

Garlic!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...