UKC

Comparisons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mem 18 Jun 2018

Hi 

I walked snowdon last week we set of up pyg i got to the fork in the route and came down miners.

A few people are suggesting ben nevis is this harder?

Mem

profitofdoom 18 Jun 2018
In reply to mem:

> I walked snowdon last week we set of up pyg i got to the fork in the route and came down miners. > A few people are suggesting ben nevis is this harder?

I assume you are talking about Ben Nevis in summer - winter is a different game

Ben Nevis in summer is longer, higher, and takes more time than Snowdon

machine 20 Jun 2018
In reply to mem:

There are some pretty hard routes on both mountains. It just depends which route you take. I've heard Echo Wall on the Ben is a touch Spicy.

subtle 20 Jun 2018
In reply to mem:

> Hi 

> I walked snowdon last week we set of up pyg i got to the fork in the route and came down miners.

> A few people are suggesting ben nevis is this harder?

> Mem

In similar weather conditions you will be fine - however it can be more changeable on Ben Nevis, there is no cafe at the top - but the views are more spectacular.

If you do go, I hope the weather is kind and that you enjoy it - tell us afterwards how you get on.

GrahamD 20 Jun 2018
In reply to mem:

Ben Nevis is certainly a longer day, in poor visibility is harder to navigate and for most people you have to descend the same route as you went up. 

mysterion 20 Jun 2018
In reply to mem:

Sounds like you didn't go all the way up, just to the fork and then down? In that case yes, Ben Nevis will be harder, unless you do the same.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...