UKC

Easiest Wainwright for a large dog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Charliemitch 07 Aug 2021

Hi,

Does anyone know which of the wainwright’s are most suitable for larger dogs and which are the easiest?

Thanks 😊 

Kalna_kaza 07 Aug 2021
In reply to Charliemitch:

Latrigg is probably the easiest and gets some very nice views for shockingly little effort if you start from the high level car park. 

High Rigg, Loughrigg Fell and Barrow all require minimal effort to get to the top. There are others but these are all great small walks.

petegunn 07 Aug 2021

Binsey is the other easy one.

mrphilipoldham 07 Aug 2021

We need to know what sort of dog, and pictures will help. It’ll not alter any recommendation. It’ll just help

Clauso 07 Aug 2021

Cat Bells ought to encourage it. 

Stichtplate 08 Aug 2021

Just for clarity, are you endeavouring to get your best mate into hill walking?

Tell him it’s easy and that there’s a cracking pub at the bottom. Usually works👍🏻

OP Charliemitch 08 Aug 2021
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

Thank you, I’d looked at Latrigg so that maybe the first option. I just needed the reassurance of taking the dog  

OP Charliemitch 08 Aug 2021
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

He’s a mastiff so he’s a big lad, so too steep or scrambles & he struggles a bit. Sadly I don’t know how to insert a photograph 😂 

Lankyman 08 Aug 2021

If you head to the northern end of the High Street range you can head south and pick off lots of Wainwrights. Things like Bonscale Pike, Arthur's Pike and Loadpot Hill are just gentle walks up. Mind you, if he doesn't like the distances he might be hard to carry home. Other side of Ullswater, Little Mell Fell is very easy. Lots of the Caldbeck fells are too.

Mark Kemball 08 Aug 2021

>  Sadly I don’t know how to insert a photograph 😂 

It's not possible to insert a photo unless you're signed in as a UKC supporter (which involves a small annual payment to help run the site).

Bowwowscale Fell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...