UKC

First time out on rock in 10 years

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thegrowler1981 22 Oct 2021

Just a quick message for anyone that’s toying with the idea of getting back into climbing…do it. After 10 years away we climbed Commando Ridge and Alisons Rib in Bosigran yesterday. Absolutely loved it. I am about to turn 40 next month and have been thinking of a return now our kids are a bit older, went with a guide just for that added confidence. Wish I hadn’t left it so long! Even managed a lead on the last pitch of Commando Ridge and lead Alisons Rib. 

subtle 22 Oct 2021
In reply to thegrowler1981:

Nice one, well done - just don't leave it as long until your next return

In reply to subtle:

Thank you 😊 

Yeah that’s it now, I’m back in the room. Planning on Sport Climbing in the UAE when I get back there and then possibly some routes out in Oman. 

Mical 22 Oct 2021

I stopped climbing when I was 22 and started back at the age of 62. Aches and pains and stiffness but getting back to HVS but picky on climbs 😀😀.   Just do it👍👍👍

In reply to Mical:

Brilliant! Great effort. Wish I was even close to what I could climb before. Even Alisons Rib (Diff) felt bold on the second pitch 😂. Will get there slowly slowly. 

Mical 24 Oct 2021

Just keep at it ,not easy but very enjoyable. Hope to get to E1 for next year. If I don't not a problem just enjoy the moment and freedom. 👍👍👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...