UKC

MCI trainee looking for mock clients

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 RBonney 18 Mar 2024

I'm an MCI trainee looking for mock clients. I need to take people scrambling, multipitch climbing and teach leading as part of my consolidation before the assessment. All days/session with me will be free of charge beim a trainee and thus do not hold the MCI qualification and I don't have insurance.

I'm based in the lakes so I can do days here but my preference would be to do routes or scrambles in North Wales.

I'm available in North Wales from the 1st to the 13th of July. I'm also available some weekends and due to my shift work some weekdays. Because of how my rota is sent out I can't be more specific but message me if you're intrested and I'll do my best to accommodate times when you're free.

A bit about me - I started climbing in 2009 but mainly sport climbed or climbed indoors until about 2017. Since then I have done trad and multipitch routes and scrambling and I've fallen in love with big adventurous mountain days. I've instructed climbing and taught indoor leading. I've taught friends to climb outside but need to start teaching people I don't already know.

Thank you. 

Rowan 

kaiser 18 Mar 2024
In reply to RBonney:

Hi Rowan I might be interested.   North Wales based.

Is it 1-1?

Can I choose / suggest the route?

I'm not interested on L-to-L, only seconding

OP RBonney 18 Mar 2024
In reply to kaiser:

Thanks for the quick reply. I can definitely take you out 1 - 1. If you had a friend/partner who also wanted to come that would be better for my progression but it's by no means essential.

You can absolutely choose the route. I'm happy on anything up to E1. What did you have in mind? 

JSlessor 19 Mar 2024
In reply to RBonney:

Hi Rowan, me and a friend of mine would be interested if you are willing! Would you like me to message you directly?

Cheers

Jamie

OP RBonney 19 Mar 2024
In reply to JSlessor:

Yes, you can contact me directly. PM me and we'll arrange something 👍

Luke Brisco 19 Mar 2024
In reply to RBonney:

I'd happily go out with you, I've done quite a bit of scrambling and easy trad but really want to push myself higher up the grades this year. If you need groups of two, I have a friend who's keen but I've only taken him up a few routes so far so would probably be an ideal candidate.

OP RBonney 19 Mar 2024
In reply to Luke Brisco:

Bitg of you would be perfect to teach as a pair as I need some practice teaching people who are different stages of their development. If you give me a PM I'd be very keen to do some days with you both. 

Tommylees112 19 Mar 2024
In reply to RBonney:

Hi Rowan! Id be keen to come out with you as a pair.(My partner and I!). I have some experience leading but my partner is new to outdoor climbing. 

Alternatively my friend and I want to get some more exposure practice before we tackle the cuilin ridge at the end of June so if that doesn't work then we'd be a more experienced pair. Let me know!

Tommy 

OP RBonney 20 Mar 2024
In reply to Tommylees112:

Hi Tommy, 

That sounds like a good fit for me. Do you want to PM me so we can exchange some more information and organise some dates.

Thank you

Dan.brown923 20 Mar 2024
In reply to RBonney:

I'd be keen for some learning Rowan! I'm self employed so can sometimes be available during the week, 

Experience leading trad but would like to gain confidence in multi pitch and self rescue techniques. Would be interested in ropework for scrambling too.

Cheers,

Dan

EliasA 13 Apr 2024
In reply to RBonney:

Hi Rowan, I might be a little late to the party but thought it might be worth a message anyways, I’d be interested in doing some multipitch climbs! I have experience with single pitch trad and a couple of multipitches but I’d like to consolidate and build on the little I know. I also have a friend who has a bit less experience but would be super keen to join too. 

Let me know if you’re still looking for mock clients, I’m based in Sheffield and might not be super available but maybe we can work something out. In any case I hope your MCI assessment goes well!

Cheers, 

Elias

Ilsa 19 Apr 2024
In reply to RBonney:

Hello,

Also a little bit late to the party, but my partner and I would also be really interested in going out with you. We sport climb (with only a couple of multitouch routes) and have done a basic trad intro, but not led anything ourselves. We have never scrambled and would be up for this - or anything! Let us know if you still have availability and we can see if we can organise a date. We are happy to travel anywhere.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...