UKC

Message for New climbers met at Anglezarke -help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Holdtickler 30 Mar 2021

Hi

This is a message for the 2 young climbers I met at Anglezarke yesterday (Mon). 

I hope you both had a great time climbing and gained some new skills. Welcome to the wonderful world of outdoor climbing! I'd like to offer to help you guys out so you can be really safe and confident with all the skills you need to be able to climb outside. I feel like the advice I gave you was very specific to that exact spot but think that you could really do with some more general instruction so that you will be able to climb in different spots and to be able to construct different kinds of anchors with different bits of gear in safety as different situations require. A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing in the world of rock climbing, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my concerns at this stage, but you are clearly keen to learn . With the limited gear you had available, I feel like it was a bit of a "ready steady cook" situation and less than ideal and would love to be able to show you some more perfect textbook setups to help you develop your skills. I'd also like to share some tips on crag top safety which is really important when setting up topropes. 

I'm currently training for some higher instructor qualifications so would happily spend a day out with you guys some time arming you with the skills you need to safely enjoy our awesome sport (as a freebie). We could find a more suitable venue and go through a bunch of stuff if you like.

Drop me an email with your contact if you fancy it.

Cheers

Dave

OP Holdtickler 30 Mar 2021
In reply to Holdtickler:

Wow, a downvote! Wtf? Care to explain?

CJclimbs 30 Mar 2021
In reply to Holdtickler:

Fair play, mate! I hope they see this post.

snoop6060 30 Mar 2021
In reply to Holdtickler:

Fair play, hope they read this. But why didn't you just ask them at the crag?

FreshSlate 30 Mar 2021
In reply to snoop6060:

> Fair play, hope they read this. But why didn't you just ask them at the crag?

He's probably had a chance think about it a bit more since then. I think his offer is commendable. 

To the O.P: Don't mind people downvoting you on here, you'll go mad trying to work it out. Maybe they had a mental breakdown and rolled their head across the keyboard and mouse. They're not going to explain themselves.  

There's also a well established trend to downvote anyone asking about downvotes into oblivilion so you'll have to get used to that too.

It would be nice to know if you manage make contact (I don't care about details - it'd just be nice to know). 

Post edited at 19:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...