UKC

MIA Trainee - Free Instruction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IanD353 07 Aug 2017
Hello,

I'm A Mountaineering Instructor Award Trainee looking to take people climbing and scrambling in North Wales.

I can offer sessions to suit your experience and aspirations, catering for complete beginners to those wanting to progress their climbing/scrambling.

If you are interested in some free instruction please contact me on ian_darley@hotmail.com

Please note -
As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountaineering Instructor Award, which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I have undergone the training, but for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire, I am insured for 3rd party liability. These topics will be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.
 CrawfMatt 09 Aug 2017
In reply to IanD353:

I'd love to take up your offer if you are free next week? I am in Snowdonia from Monday to Thursday if any of those days suit?

I am just getting into trad leading. I'm fairly competent at sport climbing and have just done a week of trad with Glenmore lodge in Scotland.

Let me know if you are free and willing to take me out.
OP IanD353 10 Aug 2017
In reply to CrawfMatt:

Hi,
Have emailed you.
Cheers
Ian
 GEd_83 17 Aug 2017
In reply to IanD353:

Hi Ian,

I would be interested. I'm tied up for the next two weekends, but I am free all weekends in September?

Cheers

Gareth
 bonebag 18 Aug 2017
In reply to IanD353:

Hi Ian, just tried to e mail but my message box says e mail not found.
OP IanD353 19 Aug 2017
In reply to GEd_83:

Hi Gareth,
Have just emailed you. The only full weekend I have in September is 9th/10th. Email me back if this works for you.
Ian
Blurryeye 21 Aug 2017
In reply to IanD353:

Hi Ian,
I am free to get out most of September except the weekend of the 16th, would like to learn to lead scrambling and climbing routes or just get out and do a few multi pitches. I've sent you an email. Let me know, thanks.

Sav
OP IanD353 21 Aug 2017
In reply to Blurryeye:

Hi Sav,
Have just emailed you. I'm fully booked in September but can do most weekends in October.
Ian
steve gandy 22 Aug 2017
In reply to IanD353:

Ian,

I'm off up to Snowdonia from Thursday evening to Monday evening, staying in club hut in Capel.

I've a good amount of experience but an injury from a car accident means that I haven't climbed since last October.

If, after the weekend, I think I'm back to fitness then I'm off to the the Alps on the 1st. Practice on moving together would be great. I've always had a Brit's preference for pitching it and so scrambling would be good for me...

I've acted as trainee / belayer / casualty for friends doing MIA prep and so I know the score.

Cheers,

Steve
 PCD 23 Aug 2017
In reply to IanD353:

Hi Ian
My multi pitch needs attention but if you fancy a more relaxed day with another professional, I am an IML.
Free end of next week after bank holiday flying back to the alps the friday morning
around in Sept/Oct after that
PCD
OP IanD353 23 Aug 2017
In reply to steve gandy:

Hi Steve,
Would be great to meet up but unfortunately I'm not going to be in North Wales this weekend. Perhaps we can arrange something when you get back from the alps.
Cheers
Ian
 Lizzy Codd 30 Aug 2017
In reply to IanD353:

Hi Ian,

Just tried to message you but it bounced back with Hotmail saying the email didn't exist. My email is liz@tcodd.demon.co.uk - could you try messaging me and then we can chat?

Many thanks

Lizzy
OP IanD353 30 Aug 2017
In reply to Lizzzzeeeee:

Have emailed you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...