UKC

MIA trainee offering free outdoor climbing tuitio

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jamieevans 10 Nov 2018

Hey folks ,

I'm an experienced climber looking to become an instructor.

In September I completed my mountaineering instructor award training at plas y brenin national mountain centre .

I need logbook days with practice clients before my assessment. 

This can be;

-A first taste of outdoor climbing, also suitable for families .

-Intro to trad climbing, placing and removing gear, building belays etc progressing to trad leading if required. I have been trained how to coach people leading their first climbs with me attached to a safety rope alongside. 

-Intro to a sport (bolted) crag for indoor lead climbers. Inc belay skills, threading rope, redpoint tactics, building confidence, using clipstick etc. 

-Multipitch climbing intro and refresher. 

-Intro to sea cliffs and mountain crags

-Guided classic routes.

-Learning to abseil safely. 

-Practice of rescue skills.

-Guided scrambling 

-Mountain walking skills , navigation etc, Inc coaching for those training towards the ML summer award.

I'm based in Bristol but happy to travel to Wales, Lakes or Cornwall for a two+ day trip. 

I cannot accept payment as I'm not yet qualified.  You are essentially arranging to climb with an experienced, trained person, as private individuals.  

If you have any questions or would to like to arrange a day and me an email at -jamieevansclimbing@gmail.com 

HannahTurner 11 Nov 2018
In reply to jamieevans:

Hi ! I would love to help you do some trainings- work shifts so free lots of the time. Can lead climb indoors and have climbed outdoors only a couple times but looking to learn how to better. 

I am a yoga teacher so can pay you back in yoga aha.

Based in Manchester so wales, and lakes are great.

Hannah- email: info@hannahdoesyoga

number 07816786090

Mattia 13 Nov 2018
In reply to jamieevans:

Hello Jamie, 

read your post with interest and sent you an email a couple of days ago. Let me know if you haven't received it. 

Mattia

DrJP 13 Nov 2018
In reply to jamieevans:

Hi Jamie,

I've lead outdoors on single pitches a few times this Summer. Me and my brother in law were hoping to learn how to multipitch safely, as we tried it before but didn't really know what we were doing.

Will email you

Cheers

OP jamieevans 23 Nov 2018

I'm heading to North Wales from Bristol this weekend. 

Aiming to follow the good (ish)weather and do some scrambling and easy routes, perhaps in big boots. 

Would be ideal for anyone wanting an all round mountain experience and could include an intro to trad gear. 

Let me know. 

Jamie 

Levy_danny 23 Nov 2018
In reply to jamieevans:

Hi Jamie

I'm be keen to do some scrambling in North Wales on Sunday or some trad if the weather is okay for it?

Thanks

Daniel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...