UKC

New and have little/no equipment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CantClimbTom 20 Sep 2023

I am having a tidy up of what I've got.

I have 2 "triact" twist lock krabs. Petzl "OK" with the orange gate like this https://www.petzl.com/INT/en/Professional/Connectors/OK

No idea why I bought them, it seemed like a really good idea at the time and they are great krabs, but.. these days I do as much or maybe more underground as I do above ground.

Krabs with a self twisting gate like the "OK" are great for many climbing uses, roped access, arborists/tree surgeons and all sorts, but not underground subject to mud and filth as mud gets inside the gate and clogged up and they don't self-twist closed, so they are no good to me. I don't want and can't afford multiple sets of gear for above/below ground.

If anyone is new and starting out in climbing and needs 2 "OK" krabs like in the link above (and has a good reason why you deserve them) let me know and they're yours for the cost of the postage donated to charity.

OP CantClimbTom 21 Sep 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

Still up for grabs... if anyone needs a couple of locking krabs

In virtually new condition

CameronDuff14 21 Sep 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

I'll happily take them to add to the Uni Mountaineering club gear shed if no-one else is taking them? Will drop you a PM!

Nick1812P 21 Sep 2023
In reply to CameronDuff14:

Unlikely your Uni insurance will cover you for using 2nd hand gear, so bear that in mind.

CameronDuff14 21 Sep 2023
In reply to Nick1812P:

We're insured through Mountaineering Scotland and have a yearly gear inspection done by a professional PPE guy for exactly that reason! As long as gear passes that we're covered, but thanks for the heads up!

OP CantClimbTom 21 Sep 2023
In reply to CameronDuff14:

All yours!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...