UKC

New to climbing Bolton North West area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 D.botts87 25 Jun 2012
Hi, I am very new to climbing and by that I only mean indoors. Love it and want to start to get outside and do some climbing.

Looking for a partner who doesnt mind showing a novice the ropes,cwould rather learn safely as opposed to just cuffing it.

Happy to meet up and go for a climb indoor first if that helps.

I live in the Horwich, Bolton area

Any other help or advice is very welcome

WaxiesDargle 28 Jun 2012
In reply to D.botts87: Alright mate. I'm pretty new to climbing too, I live in Westhoughton. Where do you usually climb? I've been going to Rock Over in Manchester quite a lot over the last few months. Love the place. I've never climbed outdoors either, but it's something I'd love to get in to.
 Ann S 28 Jun 2012
In reply to D.botts87:

If you and waxydargle wish to come along on Monday nights with an informal group who can get you started you are welcome to join us at Wilton 3 next Monday from about 6.30 onwards.

This is not an offer of a climbing partnership but will allow you to learn the basics so you can look for long term partners. Mail me for contact details if you are interested.
 Ann S 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Ann S:

That's 6.30 pm by the way-we're not that keen.
OP D.botts87 01 Jul 2012
In reply to WaxiesDargle: Hi pal, i usually go awesome walls at stockport. The lad i climb with lives over that way. Can meet up some time if u want, im only at horwich so share a car to manchester or something?
OP D.botts87 01 Jul 2012
In reply to WaxiesDargle: Anns idea of meeting mon night could be a good idea if u fancy that, should be a good help. Send us a msge or email
 mmmhumous 01 Jul 2012
In reply to D.botts87:

Ceck out this facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/climbingtack/

There's four or five of the lads who live your way, and go climbing at Awesome on Thursdays. Whetn the weathers good we're outside 2-4 times a week either in the Peak or Lancashire usually.
 Ann S 01 Jul 2012
In reply to D.botts87:

If weather craps out monday evening we will be at west view leisure centre in Preston.
OP D.botts87 09 Jul 2012
In reply to WaxiesDargle: Yhm
 Scarab9 09 Jul 2012
In reply to D.botts87:

contact CSW through the forum. Top bloke, good teacher (taught me and I still climb with him), often free during the week as well as weekends, and he's just done his SPA training so looking for newbies to take out (but seriously he's taught quite a few people informally and he's very safe, knows his stuff, and is a good laugh)
 woodsy 17 Jul 2012
In reply to Scarab9:
check out WAVE's programme at www.wave.btck.co.uk
We are meeting at Wilton 3 this evening 4-7 & we have a meeting after that to plan august programme so website will be updated with extra dates in a few days.
Also courses running at Bolton college from September.
Cheers
Woodsy
OP D.botts87 17 Jul 2012
In reply to woodsy: Thanks guys, loads to check out now. Thanks for all the help, just need some weather now : (

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...