UKC

Snowdonia Climbing 1-Day Guide Recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 matt1984 12 Jul 2022

I'm on holiday with family in Snowdonia wc 29th Aug but planning to steal away for one day to get some climbing in (with a guide I would imagine), as I have no idea at all about the area). I'll be in Criccieth for the week.

Does anyone have any guide/company recommendations they've used? There's absolutely loads of options when googling this kind of thing. I tried JB due to the great YT channel, but sadly no availability.

I'm not after anything too desperate, but a fun/interesting experience as a one-off for the day. I'm relatively new to trad climbing (starting at the bottom in Northumberland!) but I'm quite comfortable indoors up to about 6c+. 

Thanks.

Leaf227 13 Jul 2022
In reply to matt1984:

Myself and my partner recently had a day out with Andy Grimes from Fluid Combinations who I fully reccomend! 

We did a mixture of sport (having never lead outdoors) and trad. Andy made us feel confident enough to lead 2 trad routes towards the end of the day.

Awesome day out, really knowledgeable guide, would highly reccomend! 

OP matt1984 13 Jul 2022
In reply to Leaf227:

Sounds absolutely ideal to be honest! I'll give him a shout this morning. Thanks

LucaC 13 Jul 2022
In reply to matt1984:

Andy is a good instructor, I work with him loads. If he can’t fit you in, drop me a message via UKC and we can sort you out, there’s some availability that week. 

Alex Riley 13 Jul 2022
In reply to matt1984:

I'm just down the road from there in Penrhyndeudraeth and know the area very well.

My website is Https://www.moelwynmountaineering.com or email at moelwynmountaineering@gmail.com

Post edited at 16:36
 minty1984 15 Jul 2022
In reply to matt1984:

I did a guided climbing day with Libby Peters. It was brilliant. She is an incredible climber, a lovely person and a fantastic guide. Cannot recommend her highly enough. You can book through her website

Post edited at 08:16
 Forest Dump 15 Jul 2022
In reply to matt1984:

Always had a good day with Snowdonia Walking & Climbing but I'm sure all the above will see you right too

joe245 15 Jul 2022
In reply to matt1984:

Rusty Bale @ Snowdonia Walking and Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...