UKC

Birmingham wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ander 19 Mar 2005
I probably deserve crucifying for needing to ask, but what is the latest on this?
 UKC News 19 Mar 2005
In reply to Ander:

Creation Wall seems to be progressing very well - http://www.creationwall.co.uk/march14.htm

There is no updated news on the other proposed wall - http://www.birminghamclimbingwall.co.uk/
OP Ander 20 Mar 2005
In reply to UKC News:
Many thanks- you inform my ignorance!
 JDDD 21 Mar 2005
In reply to UKC News: With all due respect, it doesn't look very high. Certainly not as high as the old Rockface. Or do the piccies not do justice?
 zoobizooretta 21 Mar 2005
In reply to Jon Dittman:

i was thinkin that....
Mike Kerby 21 Mar 2005
In reply to Jon Dittman:
> (In reply to UKC News) With all due respect, it doesn't look very high. Certainly not as high as the old Rockface. Or do the piccies not do justice?

Hi Jon,

Probably a bit of both!

Our wall is 14.5mtrs high to the highest point of the building. I would assume the pictures you are referring to are those of March 12th on our website which clearly shows the trusses, these have now been removed to allow full access to the maximum height of the building and utilise the best space.

The Rockface was something like 20mtrs or so and there are few buildings around that would be able to accomodate a wall of that height and get the required planning consent.

The biggest comment we get is 'it's not very tall' and this is because we have not released any pictures of the wall yet and everyone assumed that it would only go as high as the truss lines, which are about 6.5mtrs.

We have had further set backs over the last week and we had hoped that the main walls would start to be erected last Friday, this will now commence this coming Thursday 24th March.

Once up, there will be 12 lines (with 36 routes on) spanning the maximum height of the building (14.5mtrs) with the rest between 6.5mtrs and 12mtrs.

When I next update the website I will release the pictures of how the layout will be and what the lead walls will look like.

If you would like any further information you can always email me directly or come down to the centre of an evening for a quick walk round.

Mike

Ian Archer 22 Mar 2005
In reply to Jon Dittman:

Jon,

If you or anyone else does not like what they see stop bitching about it. Put your own neck in the block and have the guts to start something yourself.
If I have gone a bit ott any it was just an observation, sorry. But for anyone who like to just criticise without making it informed, constructive criticism, well at least Mike has the bottle to do something about it himself rather than sitting back and moaning.

Speaking of moaning - mine is now over.
paddlesat16 22 Mar 2005
In reply to Ian Archer: wind yer neck in archer or i'll smack yer bottom and i'll tell everyone what yer up to on wednesday nite with a bunch of girls

paddles
jim@thecrag 29 Mar 2005
In reply to Ander:
I heard on the grape vine that there was a climbing wall at Epic, which is a skate park in birmingham.
Has anyone heard of this beast???
 dontfollowme 29 Mar 2005
In reply to jim@thecrag:

Yes. Information here: http://www.creationwall.co.uk/index.htm Looking promising so far.
paddlesat16 29 Mar 2005
In reply to jim@thecrag:

Has anyone heard of this beast???

yep, i'm the mug in the blue helmet with the tea in hand taking down the gantry on the news page of creation climbing wall. looks like it will open late may or early june.
 Wonrek 04 Apr 2005
In reply to paddlesat16: Anyone got any updates? I ventured out on my first cragging trip thi year on Sat, weather was glorious and got 12 routes done.

But j***s am I paying for the lack of training now!

Come back indoor training walls, all is forgiven!

Cx
Mike Kerby 04 Apr 2005
wallaroo 25 Apr 2005
In reply to Ander:

for two years my local wall has been approx 5 metres high..and you think 14metres is too small?!!
 Nick Beckett 08 May 2005
In reply to Ander: is there a wall in birmingham, I went to one a few months ago but heard it was closing. I'm working in birmingham this week do you know when I can Go?
 2pints 08 May 2005
In reply to Nick Beckett:

It opens on 4th June, grand opening allegedly, prices seem reasonable, just hope it's not a let down

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...