UKC

rockboot woes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Eamonn 06 May 2005
brand new(ish) boots and I've managed to put a small rip in the sole, right on the inside of my big toe, ie the most used bit, got a panic on and tried superglue which obviously doesn't work. Is there some kind of resin which will mend the split because if I use them I'll fetch a big chunk off and I'm skint/tight fisted
 Alun 06 May 2005
In reply to Eamonn:
If they're brand new it might be worth taking the back to thte shop for a warranty claim.
Eamonn 06 May 2005
In reply to Alun: thanks, unfortunately brand newish is a slight exaggeration, have worn them 3 or 4 times
 CJD 06 May 2005
In reply to Eamonn:

there's some stuff called Shoe Goo which you can get from 'skate sneaker' shops, it's flexible so won't crack when you bend the shoe. A tube will last a lifetime, but it costs around £8. hope that helps.
 CJD 06 May 2005
In reply to CJD:

oh, and you can create patches with it, I think.
 Simon Caldwell 06 May 2005
In reply to Eamonn:
> have worn them 3 or 4 times

I'd count that as brand newish, enough to take them back as they shouldn't split in this way after such a short time. Though possibly the application of superglue might not help your negotiations with the supplier
James Davies 06 May 2005
In reply to Eamonn:

Same thing happened to me with La Sportive Katanas after about a month - little rip just under the toes.

I approached them and the shop, but both said this is just something that can happen, especially with technical shoes that have v. thin soles, and not a design fault (hence no refund).

I was advised not to wear technical shoes at the wall, especially with modern bolt-on holds, as they will just shred sticky rubber.

Had the soles replaced at http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk and will get them done again soon...
Eamonn 06 May 2005
In reply to Eamonn: Thanks all,very useful, happy climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...