UKC

5.10 shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The sharp end 06 Sep 2006
Heard a rumour that there have been "sizing" (and other!) problems with 5.10 (shoes). Apparently the company have been experiencing trouble with their Asian factories. Is there any substance to this rumour?

With this in mind today I went to replace my old 5.10 Anasazi velcros (old C4 rubber) with another pair (also with old C4 stealth rubber) of the same size only to find the shoes to differ dramtically. Same shoe, same "labelled" size but at least one size difference in reality - clearly visible when the shoes are aligned side by side or heel to toe. Anyone else experience this?

Real shame as been pretty pleased with my Anasazi velcros. Haven't even got round to trying their new Oynx rubber model yet!
 Dr Avid 06 Sep 2006
In reply to The sharp end: yep, they've always been like that....dont worry about the sizing, just get what fits...
OP The sharp end 06 Sep 2006
In reply to Dr Avid:

Yeah - agree - just means I now can't order off the web as need to try 1/2 sizes either way for "perfect" fit!

Was just really surprised at the actual difference in cms between the same sized pairs!
Samuel 06 Sep 2006
In reply to The sharp end: Lots of substance! Rock and Run recently had a "special" offer of Anasazis with 20% off for £56 a pair, no mention of any defects. My friend and I got a pair each, knowing our sizes after years of using the same shoe. I ended up selling my size 6's to a mate who takes 7 and my friend's still waiting for his money back. The shoes were useless. Clearly a full size too big and labeled wrongly. It's always been that you could mess about with half sizes to get comfier pairs but these were just defective. Anyone else got expensive pink slippers?
 TRNovice 06 Sep 2006
In reply to The sharp end:

Have pretty much only ever used 5.10s from the point when I bought my 2nd pair of rockboots. The downside is that each pair seems to have only a loose affinity with its supposed size and they wear out too soon (even the new posh Onyx stuff - just went through my 1st pair of Galileos [sp?]). The up-side is that they are otherwise great shoes. If one doesn't fit, try another ostensibly the same size and it may.
 mark1984 06 Sep 2006
In reply to TRNovice:

do what everyone else does - go to a shop and try them on numpties. really fecking lazy

worth doing so as they are the best shoes on market
Samuel 06 Sep 2006
In reply to mark1984: Missing the point, numptie. Really fecking dull. When you've had 10 pairs the same size it should kinda cut out the need for a trip to the shops. Can only be the best shoes on the market if they fit.
 BenTiffin 06 Sep 2006
In reply to The sharp end: I've had 2 pairs of ascents, the first of which were an amazing fit but I made the mistake of giving them away after I had them resoled to a mate who was getting into the sport. The second pair, I still have but hate them and am trying to wear them out at the wall unless anyone wants to buy them - size 46 but probably more a size 45 in reality. Make me an offer.

Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...