UKC

Jbel Toubkal to Todra Gorge - teh fastest way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ivos 09 Oct 2006
Hi, I am planning on doing Jbel Toubkal and visiting Todra Gorge as well. Does any of you out there know the fastest way from Jbel Toubkal (or places near by) to Todra with public transport? Do I have to go back to Marrakech or is there a faster way?
Any info will be greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Ivos
 peterjb 09 Oct 2006
In reply to Ivos: We hired a 4*4 and drove a cross country route which is mentioned in a couple of the guidebooks. It worked out pretty reasonable for 5 days (about 50 quid each between 4 of us) and gave us a lot more freedom. Organise it in marrackech, we also arranged drop off at the airport. Haggle over price as we got it down from the equivalent of about 500 quid.
 Glyn Jones 09 Oct 2006
In reply to Ivos: big discussions with the grand taxi people will get you there the quickest for public (ish) transport otherwise collect the bus from Marrakesh to Tinghir (about 80dhs) and then taxi to the gorge (10dhs) but will take from 6 to 11 hours on the bus reliability dependant.
Ivos 09 Oct 2006
In reply to peterjb:
Sounds great but there is only 2 of us, seven days (including Jbel Toubkal) and a low budget
BTW, which guidebooks do you have in mind?

Cheers,
Ivo
Ivos 09 Oct 2006
In reply to Glyn Jones:
Are there any grand taxis capable of making the journey in Imlil or Asni or do we have to get to Marakech first?
Cheers,
Ivos
 Glyn Jones 09 Oct 2006
In reply to Ivos: I don't know to be honest - but probably you'd have to get to Marrakesh first (would have thought it was easier to get to Tinghir from there with only two of you).
 Wangy 09 Oct 2006
In reply to Ivos:

Note that it takes a long time to get to Todra. It was a good 7 hours for us, and that was in a hire car.

Wangy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...