UKC

Best chance for dry Peak grit bouldering tomorrow...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jus 26 Jan 2007
... that's accessable (ie. not frozen like the road down to North Lees) and won't be dripping from snow melt?

Anyone going out today that can report back?

Oli 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus: Cratcliffe/RHS is supposed to be good at the moment, according to various people on UKB. Froggatt was fine on Tuesday, but I was doing routes not bouldering.
OP Jus 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Oli:

Yeah, I was thinking Froggatt & RHS would be fine, from previous snowy trips. I was hoping that Burbage is ok!
 Adders 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus: were heading out early sat morning - want me to txt you conditions? ( were thinking froggat then curbar )
 Dave C 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus: I'm getting itchy fingers thinking about winter days on the grit Jus. Will have to settle for sunny sandstone in the Grampians tommorrow with Lurking Dave & co. Oh well...
OP Jus 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Adders:

Yes please Ads. We should be up by about 11.
OP Jus 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Dave C:

Up until recently it's been lashing it down, so count yourself lucky with all that sunshine.
 Oli 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus: I think Burbage West was supposed to be pretty horrible, but I imagine Burbage South boulders may be alright.
 Dave C 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus: It's been WAAAY to hot here for much of the time recently (43 degrees one day) but we're now in a nice mild spell so tommorrow should be good. You all have fun tommorrow (and have one for me in the Grouse afterwards.)
 orge 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus:

Popped out to burbage south for a couple of hours this afternoon. It was soggier than I was expecting and not all of the boulders were dry. Also, the edge itself was almost luminous.

J
In reply to orge: My Informer tells me Curbar/Baslow were in good nick this afternoon, and hopefully RHS & Cratcliffe will be same tomorrow!
 Nige M 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus: I've been to Wright's Rock on three afternoons this week and it is bone dry and will be over the weekend, no matter how much it rains. This place is fantastic for wet/snowy weather.
 Ropeboy 26 Jan 2007
In reply to Jus:

I was working in Curbar village today and the edge looked okay and there were people climbing and there were some people on the trackside boulder. Most of the snow/ice has all gone. There may be a bit still to melt away but it's not that bad. To be honest there may be the odd bit of dampness about but you should be able to find plenty of dry (enough) rock.

J
BUMP!

Do all you Grit-Heads reckon it'll be ok tomorrow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...