UKC

Camera Bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 StuM 29 Jun 2007
Just wondering what everyone uses for SLRs?

I've got a D70 and I'd like to be able to carry it with my 70-200mm 2.8 attached and another 2/3 lenses plus a flash. Any suggestions? I think I'd prefer a shoulder bag (maybe lowepro stealth AW) but I'm interested in what solutions other people use.

Cheers,

Stu
 King Rat 29 Jun 2007
In reply to StuM:

I like crumpler bags, they're not the most padded bag, so maybe not the best of use in climbing situation. But what I like about them is that they don't look like camera bags so if your walking round town with it its not obvious that you are carrying hundreds of pounds worth of easily stealable camera equipment
 orge 29 Jun 2007
I also rate crumpler, however I'm finding that shoulder bags are a bit uncomfortable for lugging around heavy kit (admittedly I've got a laptop+slr in mine, but I think you're camera kit would be a similar weight). You do get the advantage of easy access, but this is the penalty. They certainly wouldn't be ideal for taking into the hills.

Hope that helps,

J
O Mighty Tim 29 Jun 2007
In reply to StuM: I tote 2 bodies, 3 lenses, flash, flash bracket, 1.4 converter, plus loads of bits n bobs.
Lowe Pro Mini Trekker AW for most of the time, but I have a second hand Billingham 335 shoulder bag for 'quick access' days.
Both are perfect for what I use them for.
Neither is THE perfect bag, but then nothing is...

Best thing is to put your kit into various ones, to see what fits. Bear in mind, you might just buy a 2nd body, more lenses, a bigger flash, etc. So allow room to grow.

TTG
 ChrisJD 30 Jun 2007
In reply to StuM:

It has to be the LowePro Rover AWII.
SharonD 30 Jun 2007
In reply to ChrisJD: my partner has the mini trekker.fits two bodies, four lenses and 4 flashguns in it (somehow) seems to work out..

diablo 27 Jul 2007
In reply to StuM:

have a Billingham

two slr's 3+ lenses, spare batteries, flash gun, filters, tickets and stationary and who knows what else ?

more importantly i could walk through a river with it and it's all dry inside, including my paddington sandwiches.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...