UKC

rucsac help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ads Co. 04 Aug 2007
Hi...got a Berghaus Crag 40l rucksack with detachable lid. I love the size, shape and fit of the rucksack for winter and alpine climbing but the only thing that winds me up about it is the detachable lid as it never stays in place on the sack.

have tried removing the lid completely but this isn't good for holding all the gear and keeping the inner rucksack dry.

anyone else have this problem and if so what have they done (apart from buying a new rucksack) to improve / solve the problem.

Would love some feedback.

cheers,

ads
 ben b 04 Aug 2007
In reply to Ads Co.: Assuming webbing extenders for the lid, sew them in one place?

HTH

Ben B
OP Ads Co. 06 Aug 2007
the material surely isnt thick enough to sew through and i dont have a sewing machine.....or the skills to do it myself anyway.

Are there any super strength glues that are waterproof and solid for fixing material in place, and wont damage the fabric???

please please help
 Jonny Tee 69 06 Aug 2007
In reply to Ads Co.:

Take it to somewhere and get it professionally sewn in place.
OP Ads Co. 06 Aug 2007
In reply to Jonny Tee 69: i would but I am struggling finding somewhere locally that can do strong enough stitching for it to be successful.

is an ordinary tailors good enough to hold a rucksack together?
 sutty 06 Aug 2007
In reply to Ads Co.:

Local cobblers used to do that sort of stuff. Sail makers could also do it, or you could get a sailmakers palm and stitching stuff and do it yourself;

http://www.lsr.gb.com/
OP Ads Co. 06 Aug 2007
In reply to sutty:

Thanks Sutty thats just what I have been looking for.

Will give them a ring.

Cheers everyone for their ideas
 sutty 07 Aug 2007
In reply to Ads Co.:

It is not hard sewing a few stitches onto canvas if you get the right gear, you could also punch eyelets in the bag and lid and fasten it on with cord of some type, like a spare bootlace.
OP Ads Co. 07 Aug 2007
In reply to sutty:

I am terrible at stitching so no chance there. I would just destroy my sac if I started messing with it.

Have you (or anyone else) used this service?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...