UKC

Where shall I move to in Sheffield?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Maynard 15 Oct 2007
I have just finished my degree in York and been away all summer climbing.

Now I am skint and need to get a job, move out of parents home in London, and hopefully get some part time SPA work.

Mad keen to get back on the grit. Where shall I move to and where will I find some like minded climbing folk?

Cheers Guys,
Matt
In reply to Matt Maynard: You'd be best to move to the west side (for obvious reasons)to somewhere like Nether Edge, London Road, Abbeydale Road, Broomhill, Crookes, Walkley, Hunter's Bar. All good areas for access out to the Peak and most of those areas have reasonably priced housing.
 seagull 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Bruiser:

Yeah it has to be the West side. Obviously because the crags are there but also cos it's the nice bit.

Having lived in most of those areas and others I'd recommend Meersbrook, parts of Heeley and Norfolk Park (which is where I live now). Right side of the city, nice parks nearby, close to city centre, Climbing Works just down the road. Hunters Bar is nice but pricey, Nether Edge is either expensive or a bit shabby, Broomhill, Crookes & Walkley you can keep as far as I'm concerned.

BrianT 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Matt Maynard: A lot of climbers are moving to the South of the city, which has the advantage it's still cheap(ish), and has the climbing works, heeley boulder, some decent pubs and easy access to both crags and city.

So, Heeley, Meersbrook, Woodseats, Norton Lees. All good. We live at Norton Lees and it's ace.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...