UKC

Death Proof

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Peters 22 Oct 2007
A word to the wise, if you get a chance to see Quent Tarentino's latest movie Death Proof, save yourself the cost of a ticket, just dig out a few of your dad's sixties cd's, then imagine a third rate comedien doing an impression of Issac Hayes from Shaft on mogodon, now imagine a plot (for want of a better word) that could adequately be covered by a five minute short and then stretch it, and then stretch it some more and then stretch it some more, until it is sooo thin you could seive atoms with it (about two hours should do it), finally try and think of the most preposterous car chase and fight scene that leave you torn between laughing and the desire to kill the script writer (presumably Quent) and there you have it, two hours of your life you will never get back.

Pulp Fiction it aint !
Lauren_S 22 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters: I just thought that it was really slooooooooooow and not much happened.

Oh and the was far to much motherf*cking swearing for my taste
 hutchm 22 Oct 2007
In reply to Lauren_S:

May I recommend "Gangster No.1", which was on telly last night, and seemed to exist only as an attempt on the record for the most uses of the word c*nt in cinema....
banned profile 74 22 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters: ive read the reviews which is why i will wait for the dvd rather than going to see it at the cinema.the robert rodriques part of the original grindhouse double bill is due out soon,maybe that will be better
Bonez 22 Oct 2007
Have seen Planet terror, it's better than death proof in my opinion.

Crash scene in death proof is amazing, but rest of film is pretty bad. Although there is some cool effects in the film. Like when it switches from black and white to colour and you don't even notice the switch. (Sounds like i was being stupid but is a really cool effect).

The trailer for machete at the begining of the Planet terror film is hilaroius, was cracking up watching it. If you like stupid films you can laugh at coz there bad, you'll like Planet Terror. Thats not to say there isn't some really cool scenes in the film......But over all the standard of these films is not what we've come to expect from these two directors.
 jazzyjackson 22 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters:

I concur. Tarantino is pish.

Seems he is making films for himself these days.

At least the cinema will always be quiet when his films air!

Death Proof ! More like Script Proof

anonymouse 22 Oct 2007
In reply to jazzyjackson:
> Death Proof ! More like Script Proof

Funny funny funny. Coffee just came out of my nose.
Bonez 22 Oct 2007
The trailer before Planet Terror - Machete. Is verry Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbhuPYdgQjc&mode=related&search=
 Dr Avid 22 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters: Interesting, I really really liked Death Proof.
 John Wood 22 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters:

so I'm confused, did you like it or not then?
 Little Brew 22 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters: i couldnt stop laughing at the end fight scene!

as for the rest of the film, it could have been condenced to about 15 minutes....although the first crash, where her leg goes flying and the other one has her face sliced off... oh a top bit of funniness!!!

an over lengthened car chase, a boring bit of background crap in the middle... overall about a 1.5/10 and that is only becuase of the funny fight scene and the decent killing crash!

Jess.x
Lauren_S 22 Oct 2007
In reply to Little Brew: You could have Jonathan Ross's job on Film 2xxx although I felt 1.5/10 was a little generous

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...