UKC

Ipswich wall crisis - advice needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
So, not only are we ridiculously far away from any decent rock, but now the local wall has decided to stop any re-routing work....

Up until recently the re-routing had been done by a local climber working a few hours a week but he's now been stopped from re-routing on insurance grounds. I assume that the school is concerned that, for some reason, he isn't covered in the event of an accident but it isn't fully clear yet.

Does anyone here have experience of this situation or thoughts on solutions that we could discuss with the school?

I guess the likes of rockworks would do re-routing, under their own insurance presumably, and for a price but it would be good to sort out a more local solution. For example I think there a few SPA-qualified types nearby, would the typical insurance cover of an SPA-qualified 'guide' cover them for re-routing?

alternatively there's probably enough local volunteer manpower available - does anyone here do re-routing on a voluntary basis and if so how have you swung that insurance-wise??

over to the collected wisdom of UKC....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...