UKC

New Cardiff wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Keith Jones 20 Apr 2008
Is there any further progress on the new climbing wall in Cardiff?
 rossowen 20 Apr 2008
In reply to Keith Jones: I emailed and got an auto-reply saying sometime in the summer but they don't know when yet
OP Keith Jones 20 Apr 2008
In reply to rossowen:
Thanks for that, I had the same result. Obviously they are well behind schedule. I wonder if anyone local knows more.
 Rob Dyer 21 Apr 2008
In reply to Keith Jones: I signed up to their newsletter recently and was sent an email the other day about an event they are having on May 3rd, asking people to volunteer to fit t-bolts to the new wall boards before they're put up in exchange for a party after. So I guess it cant be too long now 'til it's open
 DaveR 21 Apr 2008
In reply to Rob Dyer:

That event has been postponed until the 17th May now. But I think it's still planned to be opened sometime in the summer.
OldHand2 02 May 2008
In reply to Keith Jones:
The Cardiff wall is going to be a retail/indust unit behind TGI Fridays and across the railway tracks on the Newport Rd side of Splott. If you look online, the planning permission application to put in new windows is there for everyone to see.

It will nice and accessible from the A48, so that's ace!! It's not very tall though...I drove past the units the other day, and even the tallest can't be more than 27-29ft??? I asked at WICC and their walls are 50ft+. Hope its not a let down after all the Cardiff wall hype...I've been dying to find somewhere to climb closer to the City!!
robhf 03 May 2008
In reply to OldHand2: This such good neews, I am moving back home to Cardiff after taking up climbing up north over the past few years, I can not wait, i live so close to it, awesome!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...