UKC

brixton wall. just to let you know

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
A route setter from climb london is coming once a month[monday]to set new route at the brixton wall. We tryed them last night. Weldone, they hard alright, more please more.
we now got a good range of 8m hight of 6a/6b/6c/7a/ .
I guess , is got another 500 bolt to put.
I cant wait .
brixton climber
Removed User 24 Jul 2008
In reply to brixton climber:
Pleased to here that people are enjoying my routes. Feedback is always welcome on how I can improve next time. Am also interested to know how people are getting on on them?

Thanks
Ben
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Userbrixton climber)
> Pleased to here that people are enjoying my routes. Feedback is always welcome on how I can improve next time. Am also interested to know how people are getting on on them?
>
> Thanks
> Ben
dear ben.
we had another session this Wednesdays.only the orange bloop stay free, many attempt on it[with the hard core group], so far the black and red only one success[no unsighted]. so yes is good.they will become the classic of brixton wall, so don't move them. We also would like some pinch route all the way up [a 5ft4 should be able to reach]. I wouls also like route with constant crux, for the moment we got 2 crux per routes[sometime 1]. so im thinking 3 or 4 crux move [the wall is 8m hight]. Something who could represent a finger board would be nice. We also like to jump,so tie them well. few dino move would be nice. the list is long[but we got many more hole at the brixton wall]
keep well.
brixton climber
 Lego 08 Aug 2008

Hi Ben

Some good routes there... There was mass upset at the taking down of the old wall, and at first disappointment in the new one, but you're new routes (especially the higher grades) have changed minds!

I've one left to tick - the slopey orange, and managed to get to the final hold last night. It's sustained with one rest in the middle and some crazy moves higher up getting your weight in the right place - nice. The fingery red is also very good, and the new black.

Cheers - looking forward to the next set...

James

PS hope to see you down at Palace as well - heard you almost flashed the Ukranian route - good stuff!
 Lego 08 Aug 2008

PPS some good technical moves needed, and you actually have to think which is rare indoors these days!
Removed User 08 Aug 2008
In reply to Lego:

Hi,

Good to hear positive feedback. Am hopefully back setting in a couple of weeks so can add some more new routes for you guys. Will take what you guys recommend into consideration!

Am planning on heading back down to Crystal palace again on Monday to finish of some of the routes I was trying there earlier this week. So might see you there.

Cheers

Ben
Removed User 18 Aug 2008
In reply to brixton climber:
Hi Guys,

Ive just got back form setting at Brixton today. Have put up 8 new routes for you to try, the blue on 2 and the green on 5 should give you something to think about. Some of the older routes have had to come down to make room for them as otherwise there would be confusion with the colours.

I have tried to fulfill your list as best I could but I do have limited holds to work with so some may take a bit of time. There is a nice pinchy route on the auto belay now though and have got some nice crimpy routes as well. Hope you will enjoy them.

I also marked up a new route that I climbed at palace the other day, look for the B's on the left side of the back wall. Has some nice moves with two crux's, one at the bottom and one at the top! Dont think its quite as hard as the Ukraines route but just as fun. About English 6b.

Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...