UKC

Climbings Anthea Turner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jim 22 Jul 2001
OK, so we have had threads about heroes/heroines, what about those climbers that we just love to hate? Who is the climbing worlds Anthea Turner?
I`ll go first....
John Dunne, used to behave like an arse on the catwalk, and epitomised all the bad aspects of sport climbing during the 80s, (to me). He may have grown up, we shall see.
 Chris Fryer 22 Jul 2001
In reply to jim: Alan Hinkes? Seems to be a ruthless self-publicist, so is similar to AT in that respect. Dont know about the love to hate aspect though.
Az 23 Jul 2001
In reply to jim: Anthea Turner's lovely. I'll not have a bad word said about her.
Tim the Grey 23 Jul 2001
In reply to Az: It surely has to be JudeCT, don't it??
(Jude, I don't mean it, really.!)

Tim the Grey, ducking......
 london_huddy 23 Jul 2001
tim, i think the time has come for you to leave. for your own protection, get as far away as possible before JCT gets back on here...
Paul 23 Jul 2001
In reply to jim: Simpsons latest books are starting to get a bit self rightous and bitchy!!!

But if i'd been through what he has i'd probably feel I had the right to!
jude calvert-toulmin 24 Jul 2001
In reply to jim: this is a very interesting question. unfortunately Tim The Grey i cannot be included in this free-for-all because i do not consider myself to be a climber. luv. (peers closely at Tim to see if he is going to bite and then pokes him with a stick to see if he growls) - after my disgraceful performance on devil's crack on sunday i think i might never bother climbing again.

anyway i am meant to be making dinner. bloody hell look at the time. get me orf this computer.

anthea turner's meant to be quite a nice person in real life. she's just had some disgraceful PR that's all.
jude calvert-toulmin 24 Jul 2001
In reply to jude calvert-toulmin: soz i mean hell crack not devil's crack. ive just been talking about the devil on msm. must concentrate on one thing at a time.
Naomi 10 Aug 2001
In reply to Paul:
Remember it's all self-inflicted. The impression I got from This Game of Ghosts was that he deserves all he gets.
jim 10 Aug 2001
In reply to jim: I think he may have now grown up. Could have been since his association with those mental health day mongers Karrimor. Good Northern honest flat capped and whippet walking Accrington residents that they are!
jim.
 Dave Garnett 10 Aug 2001
In reply to jim:

Judging from the stick he's been getting here about Thing on a Spring I thought you meant the other A Turner!
(Which would be very unfair, since Andi's really the shy retiring type)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...