UKC

Petzl Ecrin Roc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Migsy 25 Dec 2002

Ok...guess what santa bought me for Christmas?

I've tried it on and it seems to sit very high on my head (offering no protection to the rear of my head), is it possible to adjust the internal harness (the straps that criss-cross over each other inside the helmet)?

Please help!
OP Anonymous 25 Dec 2002
In reply to Migsy: Try the wheels on the side, I am a fan of these as the old model probably saved my life in the alps a few years ago. i am no expert but I believe this is one of the most adjustable and well known brands of lid.
BenP 26 Dec 2002
In reply to Migsy:

I'm also a great fan of the Ecrin Roc.

The right cog adjusts to the size of your head, and the left cog adjusts the straps to the back if your neck.

If you mean adjusting the internal bit that sits *on top* of your head, I don't think that this is possible (I may be wrong), as I'm pretty sure that the distance between your head and the plastic of the lid itself has to be that much to allow for the shock of something hitting the helmet and not transferring through to your bonce!

Mine sits pretty high on my head as well - I think that's just the way it goes, you look a bit silly, but that's a small price to pay if you get hit on the head!
jim 26 Dec 2002
In reply to Migsy: the eric roc does seem to sit high on the head migsy, when i got mine and tried it on i hated the way it made me look like the guy from the "teefal" advert if you can remember that.as has been said already part reason for this is to stop any impact damaging your napper ,stick with it cos its a great piece of kit.
Pete A 26 Dec 2002
In reply to Migsy: Most climbing lids sit high on the head, apart from the reasons given there needs to be plenty of rear clearance to enable the wearer to look upwards with the head tilted back.
I've had a Roc for years, love it and rate them very highly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...