UKC

Mad rock frenzy lace? any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Danjiwoe 03 Nov 2008
anyone tried the mad rock frenzy? if so what are they like please?
 Piers 03 Nov 2008
In reply to Danjiwoe:

I think they are brilliant. Have had mine for well over 6 months and I climb regularly and am just about to purchase a new pair because I can feel the rubber thinning out where the big toe is. Very comfy and the serated heel helps loads when heel hooking. They are a good midrange shoe. Not too technical that your feet are forced into the crimp position and not too flat either. I can wear mine all day with no problems when cragging.

I must say, when doing up the laces do not tug too hard as the loops of fabric where the laces thread through can snap (have only snapped one tho)!

Hope this helps

Piers
 TobyA 04 Nov 2008
In reply to Danjiwoe: Check the gear reviews: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=544

My second pair is a bit better, but still some of the rubber ribs are peeling off. A friend has a pair and hasn't had the problem but as I've had it on two pairs I'd see if you can find something else that fits, and only if not take a chance on the Frenzys.
Danjiwoe 04 Nov 2008
In reply to Danjiwoe: hey thanks for the advice guys much appreciated and yeah i have heard similar storys of the rubber peeling and lace eyes ripping so yeah will wait out for the time being me thinks cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...