UKC

Accomodation/Camping El Chorro

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Melanie Byrne 13 Jan 2009
premier post photo

El Chorro, the world class climbing destination in Andalucian Spain has a climbing season lasting as late as May in some parts.

Our Bed and Breakfast and Camping site 'The Olive Branch' is in a prime location right in front of Las Encantadas wall.

We have 4 en-suite bedrooms, 3 other bedrooms (one can sleep up to 4 people for cheaper rate), 2 communal kitchen/dining rooms, outside toilets and inside shower/bathroom and toilet.

Our camping rates are only 6 euros p.p.p.n and our room rates start from 11 euros p.p.p.n.

For more info or to reserve a place call Tel:0034951312598 Mob:0034686669359 or email melanielbyrne@yahoo.com

TWR 15 Jan 2009
In reply to Melanie Byrne:

Hi there,

Can you get to most of the cragging by foot from your gaff?

Thanks
 Morgan Woods 15 Jan 2009
In reply to TWR:

it is right near Encantadas so only a short walk in to the Frontales crags from there.

i have checked it out when staying at the nearby Finca and it is pretty sweet...even has a swimming pool for the warmer months.
In reply to TWR:

Walk to encantadas is (possibly) the shortest from any accom.

We stayed at another well known place new year 08/09 and when we visited the Olive Branch wished we had stayed there! Good kitchen, modern and clean accom etc.

Big plus is camping is only €6 as opposed to most others at around €9 or 10.
 KA 20 Jan 2009

9 of us stayed at the Olive Branch for various lengths over the past month, and couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Just got back yesterday, and am already missing the place and people, oh and the convenience of being able to walk to every crag in the El Chorro vacinity.

Thank you to you Mel, and to your husband for making us feel welcome.

Ken
 Chris the Tall 20 Jan 2009
Do you have a website ?
 martin heywood 26 Jan 2009
In reply to Chris the Tall:

www.olivebranchelchorro.co.uk

Best place to stay in El Chorro.
 Kevin Bowser 28 Jan 2009
In reply to martin heywood: lol
OP Melanie Byrne 28 Jan 2009
In reply to TWR: Hi sorry for the dely in replying I am new to this site and didnt realise I had messages to reply to! Yes you can get to most of the El CHorro crags on foot from me as I am right in front of the main climbing wall 'Las Encantadas'. Thanks Mel Byrne The Olive Branch El Chorro
In reply to KA: Thanks Ken and Hannah you guys were a pleasure to have! You are welcome back any time Take Care Mel and Gary x
In reply to Chris the Tall: Hi yes website now up and running but some pages are still being constructed. www.olivebranchelchorro.co.uk
 martin heywood 29 Jan 2009
In reply to MrFlibble:
> (In reply to martin heywood) lol

How about something approaching a comment, if you are capable of expressing yourself in vaguely intelligible terms.
 Kevin Bowser 29 Jan 2009
In reply to martin heywood: No offence intended Martin. Pleased that you seem happy to be working at the Olive Branch.
 martin heywood 29 Jan 2009
In reply to MrFlibble:
> (In reply to martin heywood) No offence intended Martin. Pleased that you seem happy to be working at the Olive Branch.

This is not true.
In reply to Melanie Byrne: If I rent a single room for two it is 22 euros. If we split and take two rooms (one each) we have lots more space. Is there then any incentive to turn up as a couple?

Thanks for any feedback.

grumps
 telemarker 02 Feb 2009

YHM through your website account.
 auld al 03 Feb 2009
In reply to Melanie Byrne: you have mail from me too via your web site (tried phone no's)
alan
martin22 04 Feb 2009

is it necessary to book in advance? Am off to el chorro 28th March for a week, but not sure where we're staying yet, or even if we'll be there for the full week
OP Melanie Byrne 06 Feb 2009
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Hi there, sorry for the delay in replying I am new to forums and didn't realise messages would be on here! You can rent a single room at the Olive Branch for 10 euros per person per night or I have a twin room that you can share for a total of 24 euros per night for the room, thats only 12 euros each. Please email me at melanielbyrne@yahoo.com if you are interested in booking. Many Thanks Mel Byrne The olive Branch El Chorro
In reply to telemarker: Hi there, so sorry the enquiry form via the website doesn't appear to be working (its new!) Please email me at melanielbyrne@yahoo.com if you haven't done so already and I will help you. Many Thanks Mel Byrne The Olive Branch
In reply to martin22: Hi there, sorry for the delay I am new to forums and didnt see the messages here! You can book in advance if you want to secure a room or you can cnahnce it and just turn up but I am starting to get bookings for March. I can do a room by the night thats no problem. Please email me at melanielbyrne@yahoo.com and I will help you. Many Thanks Mel Byrne The Olive Branch El Chorro
 telemarker 07 Feb 2009

No problem, its actually stewart munro and as you know its all sorted now.

Thanks, really looking forward to the holiday.
Stewart
 auld al 07 Feb 2009
In reply to auld al: got Mel on the phone and now booked thanks

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...