UKC

Sliding Sleepingbag!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have a problem!
When camping on even the slightest slope my sleeping bag slides off my therma-rest and either onto the floor or into the side of the tent.
When sharing a tent it gets a bit difficult when your both sliding down the hill!

Anyone have some tips on how to prevent this! (apart from getting out a spirit level each time I pitch the tent)

Cheers!
The_JT 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992:

A cheapo foam mat without any silver covering works for me. Bulkier, but lighter.

JT
 Andy Say 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992:
Put some dots of seam sealer on your mat in a regular pattern. On top to stop you sliding, on the bottom to stop the mat sliding.

Trust me; it works!
stizzy 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992: thermarest used to sell a spray to stop you sliding off , slipfix or something,
 gethin_allen 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992:
My cheapo decathlon thermarest thing has a non slip coating which is very good, unfortunately they only put it on one side so you have to select if want to slide around on the mat or have the mat slide around on the groundsheet.
In reply to Frankie1992: sew velcro onto it, oh wait...
 winhill 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992:

fill the groundsheet with water, which will set a level for you, then float on it with the thermarest.
 jon 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Andy Say:
> (In reply to Frankie1992)
> Put some dots of seam sealer on your mat in a regular pattern. On top to stop you sliding, on the bottom to stop the mat sliding.
>
> Trust me; it works!

Does it dry enough to not have problems when unrolling it? Funnily enough I was just thinking of posting the exact OP question today...!

thin bob 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992: you could try that gripmat stuff from poundshops. Looks like a string net covers in plastic.
 lost1977 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992:

on occasions when sleeping in a tent on snow i found it easier just to stick your thermarest in the sleeping bag at least if you slide you should stay on your mat
 Padraig 21 Aug 2009
In reply to Frankie1992:
> I have a problem!
> When camping on even the slightest slope my sleeping bag slides off my therma-rest and either onto the floor or into the side of the tent.
> When sharing a tent it gets a bit difficult when your both sliding down the hill!
>
Some people are just meant to sleep indoors on a proper bed! If you have to ask this question, IT MIGHT BE YOU!
P
In reply to Frankie1992: I had this problem the other weekend. I've decided I'm going to take my bivvy bag along if I anticipate a slopey campsite and put sleeping bag and mat inside that.
 gabriel_m 22 Aug 2009
In reply to OP:
www.bigagnes.com
 bivy spirit 22 Aug 2009
In reply to Padraig:
> (In reply to Frankie1992)
> [...]
> Some people are just meant to sleep indoors on a proper bed! If you have to ask this question, IT MIGHT BE YOU!
> P

SOTHL!

(eg: sliding off the hill laughing)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...