UKC

Have you tried this excercise...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 slapperv6 03 Sep 2009

hi all

this video from the boys at beastmaker has an excercise at the end involving lifting a weight using a rope through a pulley and and what looks like a metoius rock ring.

Any suggestions on what sort of weight and reps to begin with for some one who has never tried it??

vimeo.com/2795225
 PeterM 03 Sep 2009
In reply to slapperv6:

>a metoius rock ring.

Had to re-read that!
OP slapperv6 03 Sep 2009
In reply to PeterM:

sorry i am not the worlds best touch typer!!

jonna
OP slapperv6 05 Sep 2009
In reply to slapperv6:

Bumpittyy buuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmp

UKB Shark 05 Sep 2009
In reply to slapperv6:

Looks like a good set up to work the complete range of movement and less exclusive than campussing although probably good training for campussing !!. Depends what you want to achieve - a warm-up, strength or endurance - I would suggest establish your one move rep and work out the weight for your target reps. If for strength it maybe that one part of the movement is harder than the rest and this set-up allows the opportunity to work that movement. I think I will have a go myself.
 Ander 05 Sep 2009
In reply to Simon Lee:

It just looks like a fairly standard cable pull set up with the addition of a smaller handle than usual(i.e. the rock rings).

Think I'd work it the other way though and NOT try to figure out my one rep limit- it's too easy to damage a finger overdoing it.

I'd start with something easy and over 2 or 3 sessions figure out what my 10 rep limit was and start from there.

I'd agree the exercise isn't going to be specific- though to be honest, if you're going a lot of climbing/ campus boarding/ two finger pulls anyway, I'd have thought a bit working something specific (for example a particular weakness) isn't going to be a disadvantage- I assume it's not going to stress the shoulder to much, or the tricep if he's curling that, so it becomes a test of grip- and I'd have thought there are lots of other grip exercises out there. So all in all, I'd wonder where this exercise would come in.
 baldie 06 Sep 2009
In reply to slapperv6: Surely he is just doing this as a cool down (muscle flush out) weight looks light to me
 Marc C 06 Sep 2009
In reply to baldie: Great woodie/bed, though?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...