UKC

England's Finest: Matt Birch...climbs V14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 18 Feb 2003
See the video of Tim Clifford's apprentice Matt Birch climbing Fred Nicole's amazing Slashface V13/14 at Hueco Tanks. HERE:

http://www.huecorockranch.com

click on VIDEO

What's he ever done at Almscliff though?

Mick
JBone 18 Feb 2003
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:

SO you really think after 5 years of the worlds elite trying this Beutiful line that it deserves to be lowered to better fit your view of the V system. I asked John what He says it is and he's got no Complaints with the V14. Why don't you send shit for yourself before you go start pinning badges on your Blokes.

Tim-Who?

V14-4lyfe,
The Bone
 nature boy 18 Feb 2003
In reply to JBone: f**k has climbing become a total slanging match...jesus, we all should know better...all this crap makes me wanna puke. no offense to you jbone, i know where you're coming from...you know just...
Huh? 18 Feb 2003
In reply to JBone:

And who is John? If I am correct, the three people who have done the problem are named Fred, Chris, and Matt. I would think that they would be the only three who could comment n the grade...
mozzer 18 Feb 2003
In reply to Huh?:

Im glad someone else found that this made no sense at all.
jon 18 Feb 2003
In reply to Huh?:

> I would think that they would be the only three who could comment n the grade...

So, like JBone, you think Mick shouldn't regrade it then?
OP Michael Ryan 18 Feb 2003
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to Huh?)
>
> [...]
>
> So, like JBone, you think Mick shouldn't regrade it then?

Me regrade. No way Dudes. Slashface is either V13 or V14. I'm sure Matt will give us his considered opinion.

<ick

richard bradley 18 Feb 2003
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:Just watched the vid. superb stuff.
View seeker 19 Feb 2003
In reply to JBone:
> (In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA)
>
> SO you really think after 5 years of the worlds elite trying this Beutiful line that it deserves to be lowered to better fit your view of the V system. I asked John what He says it is and he's got no Complaints with the V14. Why don't you send shit for yourself before you go start pinning badges on your Blokes.
>
> Tim-Who?
>
Look guys. Get some height and pipe down!!!!!

The view is great from up hear.
> V14-4lyfe,
> The Bone

m@ 19 Feb 2003
In reply to JBone:

Howdy JBone, how's your sister, erm girlfriend, sorry, your momma?

Gee yur priddy,

laterzz

m@
=w=.Pato 19 Feb 2003
WTF are you saying, "slashface" is a solid 8b+(v14), not 8b/+, so STFU.!!!!!
Yorkshire weak lad 19 Feb 2003
In reply to =w=.Pato:
calm down lads, take a deep breath
what ever the grade seems the boy done well, looks like a top problem,
Ed 19 Feb 2003
In reply to Yorkshire weak lad:

Only 3 people in the world know the grade of this problem:

That's Fred, Chris and Matt...and they say V14, so all the rest is speculative bulls***.

Cool video - go see!
Dom Orsler 19 Feb 2003
In reply to Ed:

But surely, if you manage to get your pinky, as well as the rest of your fingers into that first crux, far right, reachy crimp then it's V13.7837 (+-0.0002) rather than V14?

Also, using the right-left cross through on the fifth move instead of the Nichole iron cross MUST surely shave at least 0.0457 off of Fred's grade.

It's starting to look piss-easy! I think I might pop out and have a go!

I wonder why Fred, Chris and others have decided to bow out of the grading game...
Futureboy 19 Feb 2003

Who cares what the grade is?
It's a beautiful line, and obviously way f**kin hard, so well done Matt and down with the slanging...
Futureboy 19 Feb 2003
In reply to Dom Orsler:

Hee hee, just read your post - right on!
At the end of the day, Matt has got up (across!) one hell of a problem... whatever grade it is
don't matter...
OP Michael Ryan 19 Feb 2003
In reply to Futureboy:
> (In reply to Dom Orsler)
>
> Hee hee, just read your post - right on!
> At the end of the day, Matt has got up (across!) one hell of a problem... whatever grade it is
> don't matter...

Of course it matters how hard it is. If it was piss easy he probably wouldn't get the same psychic rewards.

M

Futureboy 19 Feb 2003

You reckon?
I get the same buzz from doing a beautiful problem whatever the grade. Sometime they are easy and sometimes hard. Sometimes cruised and sometimes worked to death and eventually sent.
Actually, the buzz isn't the same, but definitely equal in my eyes in terms of satisfaction in the end...
OP Michael Ryan 19 Feb 2003
In reply to Futureboy:

Bollocks...you some kind of hippy? You'll have to try harder than that to become a soul climber.

Matt's ascent I'm sure is very very significant for him and rightly so. It's not often that someone does one of the hardest problems in the world......with a high number pegged to it.

Saying that yeah I see your point and agree with you...s'all fun dude: right on.

mick
yorkshireboy 19 Feb 2003
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:I notice that the tallented an modest feller in question, has made not a squeak about his achievement, top job lad! An to quote someone or other more inteligent than most: "Let them squabble i cant be arsed!" Take the hint boys....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...