UKC

Climbing trip for March-July on a budget

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 eivindf 14 Oct 2009
Hi!

I've decided to do something fun for a couple of months next year, and what would be better than traveling and climbing? I'm kind of on a "budget" and won't have more then maybe £3000-£4000 to spend. But that will be only on transportation tickets and food.

So where would you go? I am mainly a sport and trad-climber, but I won't bring my trad-rack for obvious weight-related reasons. I've been climbing for a year, and do most routes up to 6b onsight, and does 6c's on a couple of go's. I hope to do most sport, but a boulder here and there wouldn't hurt.

I'm open for about everything, but I'm thinking about settling for southern Europe. Unless anyone can convince me that I have enough money for remote destinations. I will be traveling with a tent, and use it whenever possible.

My ideas are to start off in El Chorro (Malaga) in March, then head off in April to Margalef (Barcelona) and Siurana (Barcelona), then May in Kalymnos, June somewhere in France? and finally Cëuse in July.

Also, I'm traveling alone. Does anyone know if it's hard to find other available climbing partners? Any opinions on where to go in France? Multi-pitch is exciting, and I've never done any on bolts.

Hoping for some feedback on my plans
Dan Kinnaird 15 Oct 2009
In reply to eivindf:
Don't miss the Ariege....
http://www.climbariege.co.uk
 Sam Mayfield 16 Oct 2009
In reply to eivindf:

We are on the look out for exchange staff for The Orange House on the Costa Blanca.

Work a few hours a day in exchange for free board, mostly cleaning or in the garden.

No shortage of climbing partners as house is busy most of the season.

A few years ago a guy said he wanted to stay for a few nights to help out and left 74 days later :0)

sam@theorangehouse.net if interested

Sam
OP eivindf 18 Oct 2009
In reply to Sam Mayfield: I've sent you a mail..

Does anyone have any tips to a budget for a trip like this? About 6 months in the Spain/France area.
 mumtaz.ay 19 Oct 2009
In reply to eivindf:

You can save a lot on that budget in Turkey;

Antalya Geyikbayiri(about 3 euro for camping at Climbers Garden and food is cheap) for great limestone sport climbing... You should be able to find climbing partners there..

Olimpos (less than 10 pounds for B&B and dinner in a basic hut) for sports climbing and chilling out in a popular backpackers place..

Bafa Lake for superb bouldering..

Aladaglar mountain range for multi-pitch in alpine style and sports routes... try contacting Recep at www.aladaglarcamping.com for finding climbing partners there.

www.rockrun.com sells a guidebook for Antalya...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...