UKC

Mountaineering Boot Fix??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kazip14 09 Dec 2009
Dear All,
JUST BOUGHT A PAIR OF MOUNTAINEERING BOOTS. TAKEN THEM ON A FEW ICE CLIMBS, AND SOME GOOD HIKES. THE TOE AREA IS A LITTLE TIGHT ON THE KNUCKLE OF MY PINKY TOE. I NEED TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GIVE MYSELF MORE ROOM. ANYONE KNOW ANY CHEAP TRICKS TO DO THIS. THEY ARE A HYBRID PLASTIC/LEATHER SET OF YELLOW VASQUES. IF NOT, ANYONE KNOW WHAT I WOULD TELL THE SHOE COBBLER, OR IF THEY EVEN HAVE A FIX FOR THIS. THANKS.

wade
 iksander 09 Dec 2009
In reply to kazip14: Hit them with a club hammer til they've softened up a bit
 IainMunro 09 Dec 2009
In reply to kazip14:

Why have you typed in caps?! Mountain Spirit in Aviemore will boil boots and stretch, clamp, fit insoles and basically do as much as is possible to customise a mountain boot for you. Sounds like your boot might be a bit small though.... Perhaps try thinner socks or just bite the bullet and buy a new pair of boots that fit? At least you'll get some money for the boots if they've only been worn a few times.

Iain
kazip14 13 Dec 2009
In reply to IainMunro: Sorry about the caps. Wrote the thing thinking that the computer system used caps for posting, but then realized it was me. Apologies. Yah, I might just have to buy a new pair. The toe box is just to thin. Thanks for all the advice.
wade

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...