UKC

NEW REVIEW: DMM Zodiac and Ultra O carabiners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 29 Dec 2009
[DMM O-biner, 3 kb]Here Dave Sarkar tests several 'biners from DMM.

"The non-locking version has found it's logical way onto my trad rack and works perfectly with my wires, which float around without tangling at all."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2333

Sheffield Sam 29 Dec 2009
I wonder if there is any chance we'll see a wiregate option added to the range? Anybody from DMM care to comment?
 Aigen 29 Dec 2009
In reply to Sheffield Sam: Also, The artical says that the DMM plain oval weighs 65g. Thats very heavy considering the Black Diamond plain oval wights 61 grams. I thought the I beam technology used by DMM reduced the weight considerably.
 jimtitt 29 Dec 2009
In reply to Aigen:
Maybe you need to read again more carefully, it is the locking version that weighs 65g. The non-locking version from DMM is lighter than the BD one, is considerably stronger and has a larger gate opening.
 miserable_bird 29 Dec 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: The Ultra O is quite a bit bigger than you expect. I can almost wear them as bracelets! Loverly racking 'binner as the review says, I've gone from having my wires split onto 3 'binners to 2 Os, which about breaks even on weight.
 Aigen 30 Dec 2009
In reply to jimtitt: Oval Plain gate is 61 grams according to the artical. The BD is 45 grams.
 jimtitt 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Aigen: That´s the little wiregate, the equivalent large BD Oval to the DMM one is 62g, its part no BD2100750000ALL1.
Simon Marsh 30 Dec 2009
In reply to Sheffield Sam:
> I wonder if there is any chance we'll see a wiregate option added to the range? Anybody from DMM care to comment?

Sam,

All of the DMM team want an oval wire gate - it will happen, but there is a a massive product development program in place and first you will see the second stage of our new cam range, a new generation of clean nose wire gates, a couple of very innovative belay devices and an rather awesome set of modular pulleys that cross over into rescue, arborism and industry.

Regards

Simon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...