UKC

NEW REVIEW: Patagonia Stretch Element Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 15 Mar 2010
[Jon enjoying the Scottish weather, 3 kb]"I used this for 10 days of climbing in the Norries this November in horrible conditions and felt like I was in a bomb shelter when it was all done up," says Jon Griffith.

"I've noticed that shells are now converging in much the same way that political parties seem to be - soft shells are trying to become hard shells and vice versa. The end result will probably be some kind of Super-Jacket that will pretty much climb for you, but in the meanwhile we have to make do with the real world. So where does the Patagonia Stretch Element fit into the hard/soft shell continuum? Well it's labelled a hard shell but doesn't feel like one. It feels like a hard shell membrane with a soft shell outer. Confused? So was I."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2545

In reply to UKC Gear:

Interestingly, I have found H2No to be less breathable than GoreTex, used one for several seasons.

Also, my ascent of Magic Crack, found it to be much more wintery than yours, nothing to do with the jacket!!!!

Stuart
 The EpiCentre 17 Mar 2010
If you must wear a hard shell then the Stretch Element is hard to beat, you'll forget you're wearing it. Yet another Epicentre favourite from Patagonia. Tried and tested by our staff in the wildest weather.

The Magic crack also had more white stuff on it when I did it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...