UKC

uk - alicante, by any means

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
after looking at flights, i simply cant afford £150 (cheapest i found on the dates i need, leaving 18th returning 24th, with ryan air)

i cant seem to find any coaches or trains - i'm not sure if this is down to me or the sites i'm using. I can leave before the 18th and after the 24th but i need to be in alicante on those dates to get a lift with mates to where we're climbing.

any help or ideas would be really helpful!

Thanks,
 nick hawkins 02 Apr 2010
In reply to andrew sandercock: I am flying the same week but returning on the 23th. Flights from Bristol with Ryan air are £85
 oliwarlow 02 Apr 2010
In reply to andrew sandercock:
hitch-hike, A friend made it to Barcelona in 3 days last week... you might have to sharpen up a bit though (No stupid hair or beard....)
Oli
 adam06 02 Apr 2010
liverpool is quite cheap to fly from by easy jet.
Rob Webb 02 Apr 2010

How about flying into Valencia, or Almeria. Both are pretty close to Alicante.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Apr 2010
In reply to Rob Webb:

Murcia is closer still.

Chris
Rob Webb 02 Apr 2010
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Not Almeria, I meant Murcia. I wonder if Almeria has an airport.. Spag Western country.
 Trangia 03 Apr 2010
In reply to Rob Webb:

Almeria has an airport. Easyjet and Ryanair both fly there along with many other airlines. It's about a 3 hour drive to Alicante though
 Trangia 03 Apr 2010
In reply to andrew sandercock:

Have you looked at Easyjet?

I've just looked at their site.

Out Stansted-Alicante 18th April £39.99
Return Alicante-Stansted 24th Feb £24.88

Total Return £64.87 without hold luggage

Hold luggage 1 bag 20 kilos is an extra £18.

Can you manage with hand luggage only to keep weight down (ie rely on your mates to take ropes, etc?) otherwise it brings the total to £82.87

Good luck!

Trangia 03 Apr 2010
In reply to Trangia:

Just noticed from your profile that you are near Newcastle

Easyjet flight Newcastle to Alicante (going out on 17th, return 24th) is £119.87. Plus £18 hold baggage if you need it.. Probably cheaper than trying to get to Stansted?
In reply to oliwarlow:

what you trying to say about my appearance oli!

i was wondering if hitch hiking was a viable option and i reckon it would be a worthy enough 'cause to chop the beard for, haha.
 marsbar 04 Apr 2010
In reply to andrew sandercock: If you can get yourself to Doncaster and pick your dates looks like Ryan air would be about £50 return or £80 with a bag from there. Or a bit more from Prestwick (allegedly somewhere near Glasgow sort of I believe). I can't imagine it would be cheaper by train or bus?
In reply:

the problem is when checking the fares - they double with ryan air's mystery charges. so the initial price is literally half of what they charge.
 tommyzero 05 Apr 2010
In reply to andrew sandercock: try skyscanner and play around with options? Murcia is a good airport to go into and always seems to be cheaper than Alicante.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...