UKC

Creme de la creme

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hamer89 05 Apr 2010
Hi, Was just wondering if anyone knew much about the route Creme de la creme at yarncliffe quarry. Had a quick look at it yesterday and wasnt really sure about the start. It looks like ther is an old bolt head crimpy thing on the left at the start of the route and i am not sure if that is a hold or not. Any suggestions?? Is it used on the starting sequence? Any way it looks like an awesome line just needs a little clean.
 Ram MkiV 05 Apr 2010
In reply to hamerboy: alright sam - this page should clear it up for you:
http://www.peakbouldering.info/crags/24 (click on the 'All Problems' tab)
Haven't done or tried it but the rest of the route is well protected apparently.
Nice work on the trad capaign recently by the way!
 mic_b 05 Apr 2010
In reply to hamerboy: A friend did this a few weeks a go, pinkpoint I think whatever that is
I can ask about the hold wouldn't mind trying to onsight / ground up with pads for the start. I may be available in the week or weekend if you fancy giving it a try? Cheers
 Oli 05 Apr 2010
In reply to hamerboy:
When i tried the start, we climbed the start entirely on the left of the arete as far as I can remember. I think some of the moves felt a bit specific.
I think the bolt head (on the right) was used on THEM! which climbs the wall on the right hand side of the arete.
OP hamer89 05 Apr 2010
Cool cheers guys for the knowledge. Went back today actually, and had a little play on it. Ther is no need to use that hold i was on about. Was being abit silly. You just use the arete!! Anyway its an amazing route with some great moves. Going back for the big lead some time this week hopefully. Highly recomended it, also quite photogenic!!
OP hamer89 05 Apr 2010
Yo yo yo!! How do Mr Ramsden??? Long time no see. Yeh mate getting well into the old trad at the moment. Its ace fun! What you been up to??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...