UKC

WINNER: Become A UKClimbing.com Gear Tester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 06 May 2010
[The power of light: headlamps on their way to the summit of Mont Blanc through the Col du Mont Maudit, 0 kb]

WE HAVE A WINNER: SEE BELOW

Matthew Munro, Sarah Flint, Alexandre Buisse, Bron Edwards and Andrew Warren won the chance to become a UKClimbing.com gear tester for a year by answering some questions about Petzl's new TIKKA XP². They then all received a TIKKA XP² to review.

Here are their reviews and your opportunity to vote one of them a UKClimbing.com Gear Tester for a year.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2733

WINNER

The winner was: Sarah Flint.
Rin Colombi of Lyon Equipment said:

“ We thought Sarah's review was a great mix of self-deprecating humour and good product comparisons. She managed to find unique uses for the Petzl Tikka XP2, from blinding unsuspecting deer to nightclubbing, while still retaining factually accurate information – no mean feat!”

Congratulations Sarah. You are now a UKC Gear Tester for a year.

A huge thanks to Matthew Munro, Sarah Flint, Alexandre Buisse, Bron Edwards and Andrew Warren, and Lyon Equipment and Petzl.

Sarah Stirling, Assistant Editor, UKC.

Michael Ryan 07 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Thank you everyone for their votes. Please keep them coming.

Mick
 Alex Buisse 07 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

It would also be great if people could spend a few minutes giving more direct feedback - what they liked and didn't. I'm sure it would be extremely helpful.
Randy Baird 08 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

I liked Andrew Warren's write- up. Very informative on the most relevant topic- battery life. I'm sure Petzl would love all their stated battery life figures to be true, but this article was the only one which showed any questioning of the claims.
 Wee Davie 08 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just noticed the title of the topic. Is there only one position, or is there room for a pair of testes?
Removed User 08 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
Found these all quite dissapointing to be quite honest. No scientific rigour ('it was bright', great, how bright?, compared to what?). No direct comparisons to other models in same class (even older XP?). For something simple like a head torch designs are always a trade off between flux, beam pattern and battery life. Where does this model fit in this spectrum?
 JackPott 08 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: I put my tick in Sarah's box (ooer) as its the only one that made me laugh. Its quite difficult to make head torches sound exciting but she managed.

Also thinking long term, in the event someone releases a range of mountain swimwear in the next 12 months.
ste-raw 10 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:
A wide variety of articles of fairly good articles. Very hard to choose. However one feature that no one tested... the low battery indicator. Always wondered if this works and whether its necessary.
 Alex Buisse 17 May 2010
In reply to ste-raw:

Any news? The article said the name of the new gear tester would be announced last Friday.
 Michael Ryan 17 May 2010
In reply to Alex Buisse:

In the hands of Lyon Equipment.

Sorry for the delay.

We were in Belgium from last Thursday to Sunday at Climbing Web Network conference.

Mick
 Alex Buisse 20 May 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Still no news :'(

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...