UKC

NEW REVIEW: Mammut Ultimate Hoody

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 23 Jul 2010
[Tom and Steph in their 'his and hers' Mammut Ultimate Hoodys, 3 kb]Just how versatile can a soft shell jacket be? Tom Hutton puts the Mammut Ultimate Hoody through its paces and Steph Duits adds a few comments on the Women's version too.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2875
 Baku Steve 23 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Good review, thanks.

In the last month I have bought two Mammut products (a via ferrata kit and a pair of bouldering trousers) which both had manufacturing defects and had to be returned. So it was interesting to hear that the stitching was of poor quality on the ladies' version of this product.

I used to think of Mammut as a go-to brand for top drawer quality and performance but now sadly that seems to be changing.

Steve
 TobyA 24 Jul 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: Did you find the windstopper material sweaty at all Tom? My experience with a Haglöf windstopper jacket a few years back was pretty hopeless.
 Tom Hutton 25 Jul 2010
In reply to TobyA: Got to be honest and say no. I've worn it over long and short sleeves and it feels good against the skin. I guess all these things are slightly subjective - it's more sweaty and not as comfortable against the skin as say a 100gsm fleece, but it's certainly better than many soft shells I've tried.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...