UKC

Drug and Epi Pen Disposal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
seaofdreams 03 Sep 2010
Sorting through my kit after the summer and getting rid of a lot of dead stuff and selling on stuff that i don't need, but i have a small problem...

I have a rather large volume of drugs (some serious ones) and sharps in broken containers plus an epi pen to get rid of.

can i just take them to the doctor for disposal?

No you cant have them
Cheers
 Reach>Talent 03 Sep 2010
In reply to seaofdreams:
Take them to the doctors.
 Mike Nolan 03 Sep 2010
In reply to seaofdreams: You can get a 'sharps box' on prescription from your GP and can usually dispose of them at a pharmacy for free. I think you can also buy one from a pharmacy.
 Fraser 03 Sep 2010
In reply to Mike Nolan:

You can also get/dispose of sharps containers at your vet's.
 kathrync 03 Sep 2010
In reply to seaofdreams:

Just take them to a chemists, they will dispose of them for you.
In reply to seaofdreams:
Yes you can get sharps boxes from the doctors but they maynot take the sharps off you, my dads diabetic and we have to ring up and have someone come and collect the full boxes the doctors wont have them back, they should just take unused drugs thou.
Sarah G 03 Sep 2010
In reply to seaofdreams:
Take them all to your nearest pharmacy and they will dispose of the unsused/out of date drugs and dispose of your sharps for you.

Sx
 Uluru 03 Sep 2010
In reply to Sarah G: Definitely pharmacy,

I wouldn't recommend taking it to you local vets because of the different types of clinical wastes and the different ways in which they have to be sent off site to be disposed of or treated before disposal.

The pharmacy will have a greater knowlegde of human medicines and how they have to be consigned.
 Fraser 03 Sep 2010
In reply to Uluru:

Fair point - didn't realise that.
 StuDoig 03 Sep 2010
In reply to seaofdreams:
I've always just given my expired Epipens back to the doc for disposal - couldn't say about the rest by a quick call to you GB's surgery will answer the question.
 timjones 03 Sep 2010
In reply to seaofdreams:
> Sorting through my kit after the summer and getting rid of a lot of dead stuff and selling on stuff that i don't need, but i have a small problem...
>
> I have a rather large volume of drugs (some serious ones) and sharps in broken containers plus an epi pen to get rid of.
>
> can i just take them to the doctor for disposal?
>
> No you cant have them
> Cheers

Return them to whoever supplied them to you.

seaofdreams 03 Sep 2010
In reply to timjones:

lol very good.
___

Thanks all
 gethin_allen 03 Sep 2010
In reply to seaofdreams:
Take them to your chemist, I'm sure i've seen a sign up in a chemists asking people to return old and unused drugs to them and no doubt they'd have a sharps bin.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...