UKC

Easy Climbing Near Bala

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fawley1 06 Sep 2010
Hey,
Im going to bala this weekend with my girl friends family and they all fancy having a climb. Im not sure where to take them because im from the peak, does anyone have any suggestions?????
Im looking for a crag with a number of routes from diff to Severe/Hs

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks alot

Fawley
 Dan Lane 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Fawley1:

Jeez, first time i've heard you say anything about climbing in months, finally put your boat away and seen the light? You've been missing out you know, first ascents of E1's and everything.

I have nothing useful to contribute.

PS try not to loose your phone again.
 johnnorman 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Fawley1:
> Hey,
> Im going to bala this weekend with my girl friends family and they all fancy having a climb.
> Im looking for a crag with a number of routes from diff to Severe/Hs
>

Railway buttress at Trevor above Llangollen has trad routes in the grades you want and also easy sport climbing.

OP Fawley1 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Dan Lane:
Lmao ha no im still paddeling, just finding the ballance now lmao

Ha have you not got any guide books for that area?? or summat that i can borrow lol plzz??
ha how did u find out about the fone incident lmao
OP Fawley1 06 Sep 2010
In reply to johnnorman:

Cheers thanks alot, Do you guuide book covers this area??

cheers
 Dan Lane 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Fawley1:

As it happens it is one of the few places i dont have a guide for. And the phone, well, Meg facebooked me, asking what my number was, seeing as you lost youe phone.

Dan Lane 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Fawley1:

I've just looked at a map. Llangollen is about the same distance as Blanaeu Ffestiniog from Bala, there is climbing around there, which i do have a guide for, you can borrow that if you want.

Crags like:
Clogwyn Yr Oen
Craig Yr Wrysgan
Craig Y Clipiau
OP Fawley1 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Dan Lane:
Ha lol
Ha cheers mate, thanks alot
have you given meg ur number??
 Dan Lane 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Fawley1: yeah, she said she is gonna pass it onto you.
 GrahamD 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Fawley1:

The CC Meirionydd guide covers all round the Bala area. A few big mountain crags but I'm not sure about lower lying crags in the immediate vicinity.
 charlieg0pzo 06 Sep 2010
There's somr good climbing in the woods above Betws y Coed
 Dan Lane 06 Sep 2010
In reply to charlieg0pzo:

Very true, Craig Y Cyrau if i remember correctly. go into the shop in Betws-y-Coed, find the crag in the rockfax guidebook, and take a photo of it.
 Mike Peacock 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Dan Lane: If everybody had that attitude there would be no more guidebooks for people to take photographs of...
 Dan Lane 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Mike Peacock:

I know, i know, i buy loads of guidebooks that i don't even need. I only suggest it because Fawley (one of my climbing partners) is short of money, just trying to help him, that's all.

Normally i would just go and buy the guidebook but i try to avoid rockfax at all costs, for various reasons that i wont even begin to go into here. Let's just say i dont agree with some of their methods.
 Mike Peacock 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Dan Lane: Fair enough. It's in the CC guide too :p
 Dan Lane 06 Sep 2010
In reply to Mike Peacock:

Is it, which one? Merionydd again?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...