UKC

Scarpa Vapour Rockshoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zombie_pat 15 Oct 2010
Hi all,

My last pair of rock shoes were Scarpa Force. They were the best rock show i have had so far. The fit was perfect and they edged really well as well as providing solid smears. Basically i had full confidence in foot placements. I have recentlly worn these out and am now wearing a pair of old 5.10s which are really too big for me.

I was looking at the Scarpa vapours as i wanted something a bit more technical than the Force. Anyone have a pair of vapours and have anything to say about them good or bad? Thanks in advance for any info or thoughts.
 petellis 15 Oct 2010
In reply to zombie_pat:

I just bought some since I could no longer sustain my expensive yellow la sportiva habit . In fact I've found they fit me better than the sportivas did because they are narrower. I bought the velcros to replace a mair of miura VS - comparing the design the shoes are pretty much identical shape except for the scarpa being slightly narrower.

They're stiffer than I'm used to and the edging power is tremendous. I've not had them long enough to really wear them in so I'm not sure how soon they will ease into being good smearing shoes but they're performing well on smears in their current newish state (I climb a lot of grit). At the same time they're great on steep ground since they're a little toe-down.

The lorica toe-box seems promising, and should help them keep their form, but again I've not had them that long. I'm pretty sure this feature does contribute to the edging power. Its nice that the rest of the shoe is stink-free leather.

Build quality is perfect - as you would expect from an Italian shoe maker. If they fit then I'd advise getting a pair.
OP zombie_pat 15 Oct 2010
In reply to petellis: Thanks very much for the information. I think i will get some vapours if the fit feels good.
banned profile 74 15 Oct 2010
In reply to zombie_pat: ive been using them for about the last 3 months now and love them.what i will say though,mine have stretched about a cm so you do need to get them as a tight fit to start with.
OP zombie_pat 15 Oct 2010
In reply to beastofackworth: Thanks for the advice mate. It was the same with the Scarpa Force. I bought them so tight it was a little painful but after a few sessions they stretched to be a perfect fit
banned profile 74 15 Oct 2010
In reply to zombie_pat: try and find out if scarpa are doing a boot demo at one of your local walls.they did one at the depot last night and i tried out some other shoes to compliment my vapours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...