UKC

Recruitment Consultancy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Looking for a little help and advice about a call I received today.
I was contacted by 'S Three' basically asking if I'd be suited and interested in a position as a recruitment consultant.
As far as I can see this would involve spending my time split between searching job websites for potential recruits and attempting to contact companies to see whether they need staff.
The company itself seems to put a large emphasis on entrepreneurial talents and I'm not certain whether I'd be an ideal candidate.

Anyway does anyone have any advice on either the company itself or on what the day to day work of recruitment consultancy is like.

Help in this would really be appreciated, thanks guys and girls.
 terryturbojr 04 Nov 2010
In reply to edinburgerboulderer53:

Sounds like your day would be full of cold calling and having to bullshit your way past admin staff to try and talk to HR or department heads. Some people like that, wouldn't be for me though.
 Leo Woodfelder 04 Nov 2010
In reply to edinburgerboulderer53: Have a look at the job profile below for more info

https://nextstep.direct.gov.uk/planningyourcareer/jobprofiles/JobProfile004...
 Sam_in_Leeds 04 Nov 2010

It's just glorified tele-sales isn't it?

I've been looking for a job move for a while and so have the mis-fortune of being hounded by them.

Bullshit merchants imo. like used car salesman, only less useful
 niggle 04 Nov 2010

Recruiting requires a lot of energy, stamina and a very, very thick skin! It's one of the most frustratuing jobs I've seen up close and you can expect a stream of broken promises, half-truths and simple dishonesty.

But the money can be pretty good. If you can hack it (and I couldn't).
 another_mark 04 Nov 2010

S3 doesn't have the best of reputations.

Have a look on a site like http://forums.contractoruk.com/ and ask - it has recruiters and users from both ends on there.
KevinD 04 Nov 2010

while there are some exceptions the majority of recruitment consultants are sales staff, just selling people rather than double glazing.
My guess if they are promoting the "entrepreneurial talents" that particular company falls strongly into the sales side.

There are exceptions to this but they are rare.
In reply to dissonance: Cheers for all the very quick replies folks. And pretty much everyone is saying what I'm thinking, so probs not a place for me. Oh well the job hunt continues.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...